Windows 10: How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

Discus and support How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UdonNomaneim, Feb 12, 2020.

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking.

I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart asap > disabled), and I've altered the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU\NoAutoReboot (set to "1").

I've even installed gpedit and set Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update to "Configure Automatic Updates" and "No auto-restart".

What more can I do?

submitted by /u/UdonNomaneim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UdonNomaneim, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

1. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent? - Similar Threads - prevent restarting without

2. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  3. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  4. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I prevent Windows Update from restarting my computer without my consent?

How do I prevent Windows Update from restarting my computer without my consent?: Win10 Pro user here. I can't stand this anymore. I haven't lost any computer data to an actual virus or malware attack since the year 2003, but I lose work to Windows' intrusive update procedure on a near-monthly basis. Windows might as well be the virus at this point. It's...
  6. How to stop PC from restarting itself without my consent?

How to stop PC from restarting itself without my consent?: How can you stop this? When Windows completes updates it tells me it requires a restart, I tell it I'll do it later, then it decides, well you took too long so screw your work or anything you're in the middle of, I'm restarting now. Seriously? Who thought this was a good idea...
  7. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent: I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I just have to write everything I had worked for all over again. I do not want to hear the excuse of "You didn't save your work?"....
  8. Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent: My active hour is set from 9:00 to 3:00 (18 hours). Why does windows keep scheduling the update in the afternoon!?? I just went to the toilet for a while (in the afternoon, 16:00), and when I came back, my computer is restarting TOTALLY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. It's the 2nd time...
  9. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  10. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?

How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting while unattended?: I frequently need to leave processes (simulations, renders etc) running for 24 hours or more, but often find in the morning that WIndows has restarted overnight due to an update, destroying all the work. I know about "active hours" but I need to completely prevent these...