Windows 10: How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway?

Discus and support How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As you can see below... Left: Networking is using 169.254.5.85/16 as primary, and 192.168.0.2/24 as seconday. Right: I've hard coded for 192.168.0.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 17, 2018.

1. How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway?

As you can see below...

Left: Networking is using 169.254.5.85/16 as primary, and 192.168.0.2/24 as seconday.

Right: I've hard coded for 192.168.0.2 (which normally works).

What happens?

If there's any connection disturbance, Windows apparently -- my assumption -- resets my gateway (which is 192.168.0.1), then assigns 169.254.5.85/16, then can't connect.

How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway?

How can I get Windows to forget 169.254.5.85/16?

Warm Regards,

Mark.

PS: I've searched until my eyes are crossed and no one has given a straight answer to this question.

PPS: I'm not even going to ask where Windows gets 169.254.5.85 (which is NOT link-local).

How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway? 3c306f32-15df-49aa-8886-e1e1e79c1cbc?upload=true.png

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 17, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 17, 2018
  4. How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway?

Limited Connectivity Win 10 (Deafult Gateway Not Avaliable)

Hi John,

This could be an issue with the network configuration for the Ethernet connection on the computer due to incorrect gateway setting as compared to the default gateway.

Is there any third party security software installed on the computer?

Check for the network IP and compare it to the default gateway IP. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and R key and type cmd. Hit Enter. Type “ipconfig/all” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Check if the default gateway IP and the network IP (IPV4 or more appropriately IPV6). (Refer to the description provided above in context of the IP matchup).

To troubleshoot the issue further, I would suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it finds and fixes any issues with the network settings. Follow the methods:

Method 1: Reset the IP configuration and check if it fixes the issue for us. Follow the steps:

• PressWindows and R key together and type cmd. HitEnter.

• Type the following commands and hit Enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip stop

netsh int ip start

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway?

1. How can I prevent Windows screwing with the gateway? - Similar Threads - prevent screwing gateway

2. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  3. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?: Through the policy editor, I have set "Configure Windows Updates" to "2 - Notify for download and auto install".While this works fine for Windows updates, I am getting notifications quite often for security updates for Microsoft Defender. These updates are automatically...
  4. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?: Through the policy editor, I have set "Configure Windows Updates" to "2 - Notify for download and auto install".While this works fine for Windows updates, I am getting notifications quite often for security updates for Microsoft Defender. These updates are automatically...
  5. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. can a Gateway "NE56R28u" run windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a Gateway "NE56R28u" run windows 10?: I have 4gb ram but can up to 8gb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-gateway-ne56r28u-run-windows-10/e26a1d5a-f552-4735-a698-8150142dead3
  7. How can i stop windows to screw my monitor drivers? i´m very tired of this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i stop windows to screw my monitor drivers? i´m very tired of this.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cactoos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji1hw0/how_can_i_stop_windows_to_screw_my_monitor/
  8. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  9. I Screwed Up and Can No Longer Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Screwed Up and Can No Longer Login: So I have been handling customer support from Ubisoft for some time now and to get Siege back to working order again they suggested rebooting my computer in safe mode with the internet option selected. After the reboot my password no longer works to relog into Windows. I...
  10. How can I prevent automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent automatic updates?: I'm a trucker and have no regular hours. I might need the computer any time, day or night. Automatic updates are insufferable. Sometimes I need something from the computer immediately and the automatic updates take over for a half hour at least. In all previous versions of...