Windows 10: How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still...

Discus and support How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm planning to install the first version of Windows 10 on my PC because the later versions use more RAM even if there is no apps are open. Now don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Calmsea, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Calmsea Win User

How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still...

I'm planning to install the first version of Windows 10 on my PC because the later versions use more RAM even if there is no apps are open. Now don't lecture me on features that I am missing and security features because I know what I am doing. I just need to prevent Windows Update from installing ONLY and FUTURE feature updates. I know that there is a troubleshooter that Microsoft provides but it only blocks the current feature update, not also the future updates and I don't want to manually configure it everytime Microsoft releases new buggy feature updates.

:)

Calmsea, Aug 4, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How can I prevent automatic updates?

Can you confirm you are stuck at 'Step 4...' If so, you should be seeing this...

How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still... [​IMG]

When the 'Check names' button comes back saying it can't be found it may be down to a spelling mistake. First check that 'Select the object type:' includes 'Group' - if not, click the 'Object types...' button and tick Groups. 'From this location:' should be the name of your PC. Try typing administrators again.

If it still cannot be found, click the 'Advanced...' button. Again, make sure Groups is included in the object types then click the Find Now button. You should get a list of groups from which you can choose Administrators.

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still...

95Viper, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing feature updates but still... - Similar Threads - prevent Update automatically

2. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  3. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  4. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically: Running Windows 10 ver 22H2 and Microsoft 365 ver 2306. Update KB5011048, .Net Framework 4.8.1, installed itself on 7/5/2023. After that almost all images in any emails would not display. Even in older emails that had previously displayed images properly. After...
  5. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically: Running Windows 10 ver 22H2 and Microsoft 365 ver 2306. Update KB5011048, .Net Framework 4.8.1, installed itself on 7/5/2023. After that almost all images in any emails would not display. Even in older emails that had previously displayed images properly. After...
  6. how to prevent a bad update from re-installing automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to prevent update previews from installing automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent update previews from installing automatically: I am starting a new thread for this question since no one helped me on my prior thread. Each time there is a optional update preview for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 20H2 it automatically installs without even notifying me that it is pending. There must...
  8. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  9. How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?: I'm running Win10 Home ver 1607. Windows Update has downloaded ver 1709 (due to an unmetered connection) and Windows Update now wants me to update. However I don't want to update and want to remove the downloaded data from my PC. How can I prevent Windows Update from...
  10. How can I prevent automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent automatic updates?: I'm a trucker and have no regular hours. I might need the computer any time, day or night. Automatic updates are insufferable. Sometimes I need something from the computer immediately and the automatic updates take over for a half hour at least. In all previous versions of...