Windows 10: how can I print a pdf file

Discus and support how can I print a pdf file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I print a pdf file? It keeps asking for a password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Baseball1313, Feb 1, 2020.

1. how can I print a pdf file

How can I print a pdf file? It keeps asking for a password.

:)

Baseball1313, Feb 1, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Can not print a pdf file

Need a couple of questions answered first....

1. Since you're saying "am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo" can I assume the printer is networked?
    2. Is the "form that is now in a PDF format" the only document you're having issues with, only PDF files, or any document?
    Also (in the vein of not assuming) did you save the file first before attempting to print?

sygnus21, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Feb 1, 2020
  4. how can I print a pdf file

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

how can I print a pdf file

1. how can I print a pdf file - Similar Threads - print pdf file

2. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  3. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...: When I print a page with "Print to PDF", it will create a file PDF and I can edit text with "Foxit PhantomPDF". But when I print with "Microsoft Print to PDF", The newly created file can't edit the text. Can anyone explain?...
  4. Save file PDF by Chrome"Print to PDF" can edit text, but "Microsoft Print to PDF" can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?: I installed my Win 11 last evening and so far, despite the usual learning issues, I'm glad I did so.I save a lot of stuff, however, as pdf files and I've noticed already that I am not offered a choice of output destination - everything seems to get sent to the boot drive and...
  6. How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?

How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?: I installed my Win 11 last evening and so far, despite the usual learning issues, I'm glad I did so.I save a lot of stuff, however, as pdf files and I've noticed already that I am not offered a choice of output destination - everything seems to get sent to the boot drive and...
  7. i can not print a document in PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can not print a document in PDF: I have been trying to Print my PDF file. I can not do it. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-print-a-document-in-pdf/f61248e3-31b7-4a98-b37a-7b45c9bfb6f4
  8. Will not print PDF files

Will not print PDF files: I can display the file, but cannot print attached PDF files that I am getting sent. So I have to use "Print display page" which is a god awfully slow process. I thought PDF files were universally accepted format. Do you know why it hangs up ? It just sits there, does...
  9. Can not print a pdf file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not print a pdf file: I am having this problem with both laptops, one an HP and the other a Lenovo. I can open the pdf file but when I click print nothing happens, I get no response from the HP printer which I have not had any problems with. I would include the Windows version number but do not...
  10. PDF print files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF print files: What inexpensive or free app or download is recommended to print to pdf large or custom paper sizes such as ArchD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-print-files/ba3eb7df-2b84-401a-ab03-cc8ae2dcd5f7