Windows 10: How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy nerds & techies, I've just updated to Windows 10 and found it impossible to print a document from Microsoft Word. When I press the "print"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dickthepot, Aug 15, 2015.

1. How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10?

Howdy nerds & techies,
    I've just updated to Windows 10 and found it impossible to print a document from Microsoft Word.
    When I press the "print" logo, or "Ctrl.P" I get a dialog box titled "Save Print Output as" with no facility to actually print. I've tried all the usual remedies... swearing, invoking the Almighty, banging my head on the table and threatening the computer with death...all to no avail.
    There's probably something very simple that I've missed, but it still eludes me.
    Why oh why do they mess about with something that has worked perfectly well up to now?
    Can anyone help?...All I want is to be able to print a doc. when I press "Print" ... is this too much to ask?

:)

Dickthepot, Aug 15, 2015
  2. MelHoover Win User

Printing email in Windows 10

What's this? No results or show how to print e-mails from windows 10?

MelHoover, Aug 15, 2015
  3. mnloon Win User
    Printing email in Windows 10

Windows 10 is not user friendly. And it will not print any emails. However I finally got it to print from word.

mnloon, Aug 15, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10?

Do you indeed have a printer correctly installed and working, if not, it might explain the message you are getting.

TC

tcman50, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Yes, the printer works OK, I've found out how to print from an e-mail, ... in the new Windows 10 dialog box that pops up when you press the "Print" logo from the e-mail, there's a section which lets you pick the printer. This isn't on the dialog box which appears from Word

Dickthepot, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Tacit Win User
    Working fine for me, on word & wordpad.

I would suggest removing the printer driver and re-installing...

I know I have had problems with certain printers trying to install drivers

Dickthpot.....and from the Dales? hmmmmm

Tacit, Aug 15, 2015
  7. Do you have the "print to PDF" printer set as default?

FuturDreamz, Aug 15, 2015
  8. How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10?

howdy, me again.
    There wasn't any option other than the "Print to PDF" option in the drop-down box, so I went into Settings >Devices & Printers and deleted the PDF doodah, then clicked repeatedly on the Epson logo, gulped, took a deep breath, opened Word, opened a doc., pressed "Print" and ....tada... it printed! Hurrah, let joy be unconfined etc.
    Hope this lasts. Hope that deleting the PDF wotsit doesn't unduly compromise the 'puter.
    Why don't they leave things that work alone.... progress?.... bah! humbug!
    Thank you all for your prompt and helpful suggestions.
    Dick Unsworth. Ingleton Pottery.

Dickthepot, Aug 15, 2015
  9. All you had to do was change the default. That can be done from the old printers and devices window. Deleting print to pdf made it jump to the next driver to set as default, which could have easily been the xps thing

FuturDreamz, Aug 15, 2015
  10. Joergi Win User
    So the logical next question is: How can one reinstall the system-wide PDF printer of "Windows 10", if one removed it?

Joergi, Aug 16, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    I had to install an old crappy Brother HP-1230 laser printer, I had to use Windows XP drivers cos there are no drivers for that device for Vista-up. Some of the driver files require 16 bit support, which I had to enable, I was prompted for it during the install- NTDVM I think, it's in the "Legacy Features" area in "Add/Remove Windows Features".

Your Drivers may not be installed fully, else they should show up in Word or other Office apps, what version of Office?

I'm using Office 2013, and everything is mainly in the same place as far as local files. Even remote files allow me to print. You should be seeing this:

How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10? [​IMG]

Just press "File" on the extreme left upper corner, and look down for "Print" and your Printers will all be listed there.

But if you are running a legacy printer, that uses 16-bit drivers, you can only install those to a 32 bit version of Windows 10. But it sounds like you have some part of the driver installed.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  12. XweAponX Win User
    Did you have any version of Inuit Software installed, Quicken, anything? That's where the PDF driver comes from usually. Quicken uses that to print for some reason, it makes a PDF then prints the PDF.

My previous verbose post was unnecessary heh.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10?

1. How can I print from "Word" using Windows 10? - Similar Threads - print Word using

2. Hi, how can I use Afrikaans Characters in Word/Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, how can I use Afrikaans Characters in Word/Windows 10?: Hi, how can I use Afrikaans Characters in Word/Windows 10? Use an Afrikaans keyboard??Thanks.Esmé https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-how-can-i-use-afrikaans-characters-in/175f5dde-da50-4fe3-9e5b-0b8799fe5e0d
  3. Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Duplex from Word Using Microsoft Print to PDF: I just tried to use Microsoft Print to PDF to create a document from Word with duplexing. Note that this is entirely Windows, Word, and Microsoft Print to PDF, there are no physical printers or third party products involved. I was given two options: "Print One Sided" and...
  4. Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents: This just happened yesterday, Oct 19, 2020. Have tried "fixing" the printer HP OfficeJet Pro by various means troubleshooting and uninstall/reinstall. Then tried printing from MS Mail on another computer on the same network -- successful. Therefore, changed to trying to fix...
  5. No Document in Word won't print, but I can print from other sources

No Document in Word won't print, but I can print from other sources: Hi there, Here is what is going on, I can't seem to print any document from Word, but I was able to print something from a browser. Why would that be happening? Thank you, Kevin Davis...
  6. Cannot print from Word documents using Windows 10

Cannot print from Word documents using Windows 10: I have a HP Officejet 3830 All-in-One Printer. It cannot print from Word documents. It will print from the web and email. I did print for about a month, then stopped - perhaps after a Windows 10 update. The drivers are updated. Help!...
  7. Printing from Word 2010 with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing from Word 2010 with Windows 10: I installed Win10 some time ago but have one problem I have not been able to fix. I cannot print anything from Word 2010. It will print if I save it as a PDF and print that; every other programme I have prints fine, and no problems printing from other devices. The problem...
  8. How can I print in Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I print in Window 10?: How can I print in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-in-window-10/8f71ed02-a0a0-43bb-9549-5def315eb3f4
  9. printing labels from excel using Word.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printing labels from excel using Word.: I have set up the labels, and need 4 pages to print, however only the first one prints. I looked in properties, and in the details section, it shows "pages 1" In a previous version, set up for different information, it shows "pages 4" and prints all my pages. How do I...
  10. Can print from Word on Windows 10 but not from Excel. Any ideas please

Can print from Word on Windows 10 but not from Excel. Any ideas please: Hi, One of my colleagues cannot print from Excel since we changed to Windows 10. Word is okay. Are there any settings we need to change. Any ideas please? *Confused Looking like Adobe is proving hard to print also. 58152