Windows 10: How can I print search results fro File Explorer

Discus and support How can I print search results fro File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lbeck, Dec 25, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

How can I print search results fro File Explorer

Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to do this.
    How can I print search results fro File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

print/save as .txt explorer search results

dmsel,

1. Do the search,
    2. Select all the results [Ctrl-A does this quickly],
    3. Press the Shift key and, at the same time, right-click,
    4. Select Copy as path,
    5. Paste into Excel [a very good choice for this sort of task].

How can I print search results fro File Explorer [​IMG]

Sample results pasted into Excel
    Denis

3. print explorer search results

I have searched on *.CBproj and havec 1000 results. Now I want to print the list

GeorgeProbyn, Dec 25, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

print/save as .txt explorer search results

Search results to file: (path + file name)
    Export Windows 7 search results to a text file - Super User
    expands comment on this (for Win 7)
    Microsoft Community

I doubt there's any change in this in Win 10.

See
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/print-...folder-windows
    and experiment with regular expressions with the DIR command
    e.g.
    DIR e*.mp3

For that you'd be better waiting until you can download a comparison utility.
    E.g.
    How to Find and Remove Duplicate Songs

dalchina, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I print search results fro File Explorer - Similar Threads - print search results

2. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...
  3. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer search results in a dropdown window: Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box) Its...
  4. How to turn off file explorer indexed search results

How to turn off file explorer indexed search results: Hello, When using File Explorer's search tool my results are now showing some results but not call. How to I remove the index option and just get all the results in a list? Thx! [ATTACH]...
  5. File explorer sort search results by relevance

File explorer sort search results by relevance: How could I sort the search results in file explorer by relevance to the syntax phrase that I wrote in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-sort-search-results-by-relevance/f70d3cbe-21b8-47fe-97d7-05071ad222ae
  6. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  7. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...: Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path...
  8. How can I print search results from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I print search results from File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  9. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help in file explorer printing

2. how to print find file results in explorer

3. print search results in windows explorer

4. can i save results of a file explorer search,
  5. windows 10 file explorer print search results,
  6. print search results windows explorer