Windows 10: How can I print search results from File Explorer

Discus and support How can I print search results from File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, Dec 25, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

How can I print search results from File Explorer

Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to do this.
    How can I print search results from File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

print/save as .txt explorer search results

dmsel,

1. Do the search,
    2. Select all the results [Ctrl-A does this quickly],
    3. Press the Shift key and, at the same time, right-click,
    4. Select Copy as path,
    5. Paste into Excel [a very good choice for this sort of task].

How can I print search results from File Explorer [​IMG]

Sample results pasted into Excel
    Denis

3. print explorer search results

I have searched on *.CBproj and havec 1000 results. Now I want to print the list

GeorgeProbyn, Dec 25, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

print/save as .txt explorer search results

Search results to file: (path + file name)
    Export Windows 7 search results to a text file - Super User
    expands comment on this (for Win 7)
    Microsoft Community

I doubt there's any change in this in Win 10.

See
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/print-...folder-windows
    and experiment with regular expressions with the DIR command
    e.g.
    DIR e*.mp3

For that you'd be better waiting until you can download a comparison utility.
    E.g.
    How to Find and Remove Duplicate Songs

dalchina, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I print search results from File Explorer - Similar Threads - print search results

2. How can I print search results fro File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I print search results fro File Explorer: Is it possible to print the search results for all files found during a search? As shown in the attached image, a search for *.AXP turned up 222 files. I would like to save this to a file like word or ideally Excel but I can't figure out how to copy/paste or some other way to...
  3. Printing of file details from explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing of file details from explorer: I would like to be able to print the medium or large icons with their corresponding details to preview and organize. Is there a way to do so, and if so what is the process? V/R Bill P...
  4. Can We Undo A Move From A Search Result?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can We Undo A Move From A Search Result?: I'll bet we can't. But asking the question might get the danger out there. My download folder has hundreds, thousands of files in it. I thought I'd clear it out a bit and did a search for various file types and then moved them from the search listing, en bloc, to folders...
  5. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  6. How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer: I followed Microsoft's suggestion on how to disable one drive and as part of that where it has you hide it I right clicked on the onedrive icon that shows on the left side of file explorer (the navigation pane), chose properties and hid the folder near attributes (the option...
  7. File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer, different results for search then all folders set for: I have set all folders and subsfolders to view DETAILS - no matter what I do and I have spend three days searching for the answer - I cannot get a search result in Win 10 File explorer to show anything but the attached view. The search only always comes back with "Content"...
  8. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  9. How to get out of Explorer Search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of Explorer Search results?: Search for something in Explorer and no matter where you click around the path stays stuck at (for example) Search results in Photos > Found folder Open a subfolder and it stays at Search results in Photos > Found folder > Subfolder Right click and open in new window...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Who to print search in explorer

2. how do I print searches on file explorer

3. print search results in windows explorer

4. print search results from file explorer,
  5. how to print a search result in file explorer