Windows 10: how can i print with 1 click or keyboard shortcut

Discus and support how can i print with 1 click or keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to figure the best way to print a label every time i need it without opening up a program like word and printing from there. what i need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mtwa, Jan 3, 2017.

1. mtwa Win User

how can i print with 1 click or keyboard shortcut

I am trying to figure the best way to print a label every time i need it without opening up a program like word and printing from there.

what i need is to be able to click a icon on my desktop and then my printer prints out the word CHECKED that is it

i tried making a bat file but it was too long winded waiting for word to load before it printed i want something much quicker

if i could also have a keyboard shortcut to do it that would be even better for example press
    any ideas on how i could do this would be great or if anyone knows of a program for this would be good too.

even if something could be designed in VB that could work

hope everything makes sense

:)

mtwa, Jan 3, 2017
  2. Linda_670 Win User

How to print from Adobe

Original Title: Linda

How can I print from Adobe Reader using keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. My print access button is too far down the screen for me to click on.

Linda_670, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Create Print Screen HotKey on Mac Keyboard used with my laptop (windows 10)

Hi!

I use a Mac keyboard with my pc but there is no print screen key.

I found a thread a while ago, followed instructions and programmed print screen as a hotkey on F10.

It was very simple, no additional software, it wasn't right-click on the app shortcut, no modifying registry, nothing like that.

I want to reverse the process and I don't remember how I created the hotkey in the first place!!!!

Please HELP if you can!

Thanks a lot.

Bebe

BebeRobinson, Jan 3, 2017
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Explaining exactly what kind of label would be very helpful to help folks figure out how to do what you want. Like one label always at the top left of a page? Or does the printout have to move from label to label on a sheet of labels? What size label? Doing it manually, can the label be printed using Notepad?

Keep it warm,

5. mtwa Win User
    Its a Sticky Label and once printed has to look like this
    how can i print with 1 click or keyboard shortcut [​IMG]
    size is 10cm x 6cm and needs to be centered in the middle of the label. only want it to print one label every time i press the icon/button

I have a Zebra GK420d printer and 10x6 sticky labels if that helps too

Thank You for your reply

mtwa, Jan 4, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No idea if this will work or not, but could you print to a file then just copy the file to the printer whenever you want to print it.

I don't know how to do the copy part but the print to file is a function of the printer.

Ztruker, Jan 5, 2017
  7. MCK
    mck Win User
    Since you have different sized fonts on your label, you need to use Wordpad and not Notepad. Here's a procedure using Window's Wordpad and a batch file to do what you want:

1. Open Wordpad and setup the text to print on the label the way you want. Save it as a .rtf file. (my file name was tstoneck.rtf)

2. Open Notepad and copy this batch file into it:
    Code: @echo off rem =This batch file will print with one click from desktop icon rem =Must put quotes around the path if it contains path names that have spaces rem =Using Wordpad start write.exe /p "D:\test\test wordpad documents\tstoneck.rtf"[/quote] 3. Edit the path in the quotes to match the path to your Wordpad rtf file. Do not omit the quotes.

4. When you save the edited batch file, in the "save as" dialog, enter the name as "print one click.bat". Also change the "save as type:" from "text document (*.txt) to "all files (*.*). This will preserve the .bat suffix for the saved file.

5. Verify that your saved batch file name is something like "print one click.bat" with the .bat suffix.
    ... (Use any name you want for your batch file. It doesn't have to be "print one click.bat".)

6. Create a desktop shortcut to that batch file.

Now when you click the desktop shortcut, the wordpad file will be printed to the default printer with no other action on your part.

Hope my explanation is clear enough to understand,

8. mtwa Win User

Thank you that worked brilliantly
    Much apreciated

mtwa, Jan 7, 2017
  9. MCK
    mck Win User
    You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.

Thema:

1. how can i print with 1 click or keyboard shortcut - Similar Threads - print click keyboard

2. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  3. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  4. can not print by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not print by right click: I purchased a Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro on Monday. I have ask https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr2,They forward me from English support to China support as I tell them I am in HK and that is Chinese windows.Then, China Support said that HK is...
  5. can not print by right click

can not print by right click: I purchased a Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro on Monday. I have ask https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr2,They forward me from English support to China support as I tell them I am in HK and that is Chinese windows.Then, China Support said that HK is...
  6. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  7. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...
  8. how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i change the keyboard shortcuts with a keyboard shortcut: ive done this a few times and i somehow always forget how to fix it. i somehow pressed some keys that changed my shortcut binding. @ used to be ``alt gr + Q`` and now it is ``shift + 2`` i dont know if it is just 1 button that changes it or a combination of 2 or 3. does...
  9. Can i change keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i change keyboard shortcuts?: Hi, I'm using a lot the `alt + prtcn` shortcut to take a screenshot of just the activate window. I do this a lot and it's getting annoying, can I change that somehow? just prtcn would be the best, but I can compromise on different combo also if that's possible. I need the...
  10. How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i add media keys & keyboard shortcuts to the right-click menu?: I want to control my music from the right-click context menu using play/pause, next, previous and stop... is this possible? I also wouldn't mind adding some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+F, and Ctrl+Alt+Delete. 52225