Windows 10: HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD

Discus and support HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UTPAL#HALDER, Jan 17, 2019.

1. HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD

HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD

:)

UTPAL#HALDER, Jan 17, 2019
  2. bakasamaz Win User

How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

xp pro

Hi i have xp pro and i Unchecked the simple file sharing. Can you walk me through? what i want is to password protect Shared folders, so whenever from the others computers try to access those folders a Prompt message pop up asking for user name and password.

bakasamaz, Jan 17, 2019
  3. bakasamaz Win User
    How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

Hi all I have a question for you all Networking Expert out there. Im running a small networking at my house. this Network consist of 3 computers : My computer, My sister's and My mom's. My computer act as a Network Harddrive, I share a lot of Files in my computer. Sometimes my sister like to pull over some files from my computer, but there are some folders where i dont like her to open. Im thinking to Password Protect a certain folders, so whenever she or my mom open those certain folders a pop up will show up asking for password (im thinking to password protect because sometimes I need to able to access those folders from either my mom's or sister's computer) Is there anyway to do this? third party Program? all computers in my network running Windows XP.

bakasamaz, Jan 17, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

Password protecting Folders

I am building a machine for my friend and he was asking me to create folders and password protect it. How do I do in XP pro? Is there a built in tool or should I rely on third party tool? if so anything free out there?

Thanks for the help.

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. HOW CAN I PROTECT A FILE AND A FOLDER USING PASSWORD - Similar Threads - PROTECT FILE FOLDER

2. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  3. How can I password protect folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I password protect folders?: How can someone who has a personal laptop or tablet e.g. Surface Go with Windows 11 S password protect or encrypt folders? Is Bitlocker something that can be purchased for individuals? Are there any particular applications or alternatives Microsoft recommends for individuals...
  4. How to password protect file folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to password protect file folder: How to password protect file folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-password-protect-file-folder/acd208ec-c38c-474b-b713-f991c81c2a97
  5. How To Password Protect A Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Password Protect A Folder?: Hey, so I have been trying to find a way to password protect a folder, for various sets of reasons, and it's a bit weird that this isn't a thing. I have been on multiple different websites and videos, but all they do is give you a .bat file that just hides the folder. This...
  6. how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?: i want to encrypt/ password protect a folder, but when i try to turn on encryption for the folder the area is greyed out, i downloaded winrar and 7zip but when i try to password protect or encrypt the folder it says folder not found, i edited the registry, i used encryption0...
  7. Password protect files/folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password protect files/folders?: Anyone know how to password protect a file or a folder on windows 10? I followed some directions online to "encrypt" a folder, however that doesn't allow a password to be set, and I can open and view that folder without issue. I just want a password on something so if...
  8. How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?

How can I password-protect a folder without encryption?: I want to password-protect a folder, without encryption -- just require a password to open files in the folder. The only solutions I've seen online involve encryption; how do I do it without encryption? A little background on the "why" in case it helps: I have a new...
  9. CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?

CAN A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE BE USED IN MY ONEDRIVE?: I have an Excel file on my hard drive that contains private info. It has been password protected through the Excel option. If I were to upload it to my One Drive folder, would that be an issue? Note that I am not referring to the password protect option for sharing within One...
  10. How I can protect a folder with password?

How I can protect a folder with password?: I need your support; how i can create a password to protect my folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-protect-a-folder-with-password/9cc8f781-f069-4737-866a-972f39aa7f45"