Windows 10: How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?

Discus and support How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Knud Kjølhede Petersen, Oct 30, 2019.

1. How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?

How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?

:)

Knud Kjølhede Petersen, Oct 30, 2019
  2. keakar Win User

why would you want to change your windows dns settings?

ok, I guess im just not fully understanding the actual process but its not important as long as im sticking with the default 250 queries im doing it right.

the end results I am seeing are so wildly different each time, that im not sure which of these results can be trusted.

different times of the day you get different lists and I understand this is because of usage habits when people get off of work vs being at work but beyond that, I can run two test 10 minutes apart and get a 20% or more change in the order and speeds of dns servers listed and where they are on the list.

because of this im not sure how to formulate a choice to pick as better or worse then my default dns.

do I just do a handful of tests each hour or couple of hours and average it all out?

and if im only looking at say a 10% or less difference, is it worth changing dns just for that small change? or is that not as small a change as I am thinking it is?

keakar, Oct 30, 2019
  3. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 30, 2019
  4. How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?

Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro?

1. How can I protect 'non humans' from changing DNS settings in Win 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - protect 'non humans'

2. how can I speak with a human

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I speak with a human: I'm having a problem with a Windows update not installing and need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speak-with-a-human/513fc800-ddea-44f1-93ac-33f046c1e008
  3. how can I speak with a human

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I speak with a human: I'm having a problem with a Windows update not installing and need to speak with someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speak-with-a-human/513fc800-ddea-44f1-93ac-33f046c1e008
  4. how can I speak with a human

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?: I have issues with DNS settings of some of my laptops at the office.We have since changed the network provider. With the changes come different DNS setting for the network. There is a DHCP server on the network with the updated DNS setting. Most of the equipment in the LAN...
  6. How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?

How can I resolving wrong DNS settings?: I have issues with DNS settings of some of my laptops at the office.We have since changed the network provider. With the changes come different DNS setting for the network. There is a DHCP server on the network with the updated DNS setting. Most of the equipment in the LAN...
  7. If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?

If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?: Made error in allowing to upgrade to WIN 11 to find out the it brought to WIN Home. Can I go back to WIN 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-win-11-can-i-go/3d812db3-9f8f-4573-8bdf-3bef3342fa70
  8. If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from WIN 10 Pro to WIN 11 can I go back to WIN 10 Pro?: Made error in allowing to upgrade to WIN 11 to find out the it brought to WIN Home. Can I go back to WIN 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-win-11-can-i-go/3d812db3-9f8f-4573-8bdf-3bef3342fa70
  9. how can I change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10 pro: Hello i want to know how i can change keyboard shortcut myself in win 10pro thanks * Original title: alireza https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-keyboard-shortcut-myself-in-win/ddae237d-7e2b-4d82-b914-e718062cbd8c
  10. Cant change DNS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change DNS settings: Trying to add a new DNS IP address. Go to the adapter, go to the IPV4 properties and advanced and add the new DNS IP address. Every thing is fine until I close the adaptor window and it pops up an error "an unexpected condition occurred, not all of your requested changes in...