Windows 10: How can I provide admin rights to a single application?

Discus and support How can I provide admin rights to a single application? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a small AD domain with about 21 users. On three computers, the users have a software product that is CONSTANTLY being updated and requires us... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ISDPCMAN(2), Dec 2, 2019.

1. How can I provide admin rights to a single application?

We have a small AD domain with about 21 users. On three computers, the users have a software product that is CONSTANTLY being updated and requires us (admins) to remote in and update the software. The application itself does not do anything to the OS...it's primarily for the interface to their web based app services system. Anyway, the are constantly (at least every 2 weeks) telling users they need to update. To do that, we remote in, launch the app with admin privileges, click OK when prompted for the update, let the app update, then close the app and let the user have the machine back, again.

I'd like to be able to let the users run this particular application with admin privileges. A LONG time ago there was an app set called Beyond Trust that would allow this to happen, but they're gone.

Does Microsoft have a solution (Windows 10 clients to Windows Server 2008 or higher) for this? I just want to grant 3 users the rights to run this app as an admin so they can do updates themselves.

:)

ISDPCMAN(2), Dec 2, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Admin rights?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with windows 10, for some unexplained reason the photos app stopped working, the suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall this app, however the system reports that I do not have admin rights to perform this operation!

I wonder who does, I log into windows as an administrator and could do anything, this is a new problem since upgrading to windows 10 on my single user personal laptop.

I did find a community post showing the following instructions:

I request you to follow the below steps and disable in built admin account on the computer.

• Open Command Prompt in Admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:no

3.Close the elevated command prompt.

4.The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.

However all I get for my trouble is access denied error 5

So where do we go from here?

I am 66 already and cannot wait forever to sort this please help How can I provide admin rights to a single application? ;)

PeterSimpsonSimo, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

How can I provide admin rights to a single application?

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

How can I provide admin rights to a single application?

1. How can I provide admin rights to a single application? - Similar Threads - provide admin rights

2. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  3. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  4. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to provider admin rights to normal users to install software from a...

Is there a way to provider admin rights to normal users to install software from a...: Hi We run Windows 10 latest version of PCs and users who use these PC dont have admin rights We would like to offer them regularly needed apps on a network share or web portal to install, is there a way to elevate their rights to administrator temporarily to install...
  6. how do i make a admin need to provide there password to run something as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make a admin need to provide there password to run something as admin: i want no one to run specific admin items so what do i do to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-admin-need-to-provide-there/d03e8e1b-9dba-42a8-857f-7d4614850e64
  7. Provide an end user with Admin rights for a specific app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Provide an end user with Admin rights for a specific app: We have a number of end users that use an app that requires admin credentials every time it's launched. How can we provide full control to a user without having to constantly type in our admin creds everytime? I've tried a few options under PROPERTIES in the app, but none...
  8. How to regain admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to regain admin rights: Hi i recently bought a pc. In two days of kids doing homework its gone wrong. It wont let me delete or install anything even updates. I cant even login properly it just puts on a temp cant do anything account. How do i fix this ?...
  9. How can I disable admin rights for an account?

How can I disable admin rights for an account?: I have a pc with multiple accounts, of which two have admin rights. One of the admin accounts is mine. Is there any way to remove the admin rights from the second account without deleting the account? If this is not possible, is there any way to block or prevent certain...
  10. Can UAC be configured for a single application?

Can UAC be configured for a single application?: Can UAC be configured on Windows 10 on a per application basis? You can stop the message "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC" from appearing for all applications but I would like to have the setting of UAC apply to a single app...