Windows 10: How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10...

Discus and support How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am remotely trying to help someone in a distant country. The gentleman bought a used Laptop that had Windows 10 installed and it started giving him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Omar Remote Helper, May 5, 2020.

1. How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10...

I am remotely trying to help someone in a distant country.

The gentleman bought a used Laptop that had Windows 10 installed and it started giving him messages that Windows is expiring and needs to be activated.

Upon further analysis I found out that it is a Windows 10 Enterprise addition and it needs an Organization's Activation Server which is of course not possible to do now.

Can he buy a new activation key key only for Windows 10 Home and apply to his Windows 10 Enterprise? Will that be just a matter of putting the activation key or does it need a fresh Windows installation?

Please help us with the easiest good solution as I will have to help him over a remote connection. Of course, if it is a reinstall, I may not be able to do it. That is why I am hoping just entering a key will help.

Thanks.

:)

Omar Remote Helper, May 5, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2020
  4. How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10...

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, May 5, 2020
Thema:

How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10...

1. How can I purchase and activate a new Windows 10 home key on an expiring Windows 10... - Similar Threads - purchase activate home

2. how can I purchase new license/product key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I purchase new license/product key for Windows 10?: how can I purchase a new license/product key for Windows 10?I can not for now use Win 11 mostly due to hardware limitations and please don't recommend I buy a new pc...
  3. how can I purchase new license/product key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I purchase new license/product key for Windows 10?: how can I purchase a new license/product key for Windows 10?I can not for now use Win 11 mostly due to hardware limitations and please don't recommend I buy a new pc...
  4. how can I purchase new license/product key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. purchasing a new Windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    purchasing a new Windows 10 key: How do I purchase a windows 10 key. windows is no longer serviced, I am installing on MacMini's Bootcamp that will only have windows 10 drivers. So I need a key to unlock win 10....
  6. purchasing a new Windows 10 key

purchasing a new Windows 10 key: How do I purchase a windows 10 key. windows is no longer serviced, I am installing on MacMini's Bootcamp that will only have windows 10 drivers. So I need a key to unlock win 10....
  7. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a desktop that previously ran Win 7 then Ubuntu. I need a key to activate so I went on the MS store and bought Win 10/11 and got confirmation e-mail for my $199 purchase, but it doesn't mention the key or how my purchase is going to be...
  8. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on a desktop that previously ran Win 7 then Ubuntu. I need a key to activate so I went on the MS store and bought Win 10/11 and got confirmation e-mail for my $199 purchase, but it doesn't mention the key or how my purchase is going to be...
  9. Windows 10 Purchase - Activation Key?

10. I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased Windows 10 home activation key - Need to Install: I need to install windows 10 home on a tablet and have purchased a product key, where do I go to download the software from Microsoft to install on my tablet...