Windows 10: How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

Discus and support How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wildjean, Dec 5, 2023.

1. wildjean Win User

How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is just the Google Chrome one.

:)

wildjean, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

1. How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons? - Similar Threads - put shortcuts websites

2. How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?: I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is just the Google Chrome one....
  3. How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?: I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is just the Google Chrome one....
  4. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Browsers and Email
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I like to keep the customize icons as a shortcut but most change to a generic icon when dragging. How to fix on Win10 Home? 178221
  5. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I'm using Win10 Home and MS 365 I like to keep a lot of commonly used website as customize icons for desktop shortcuts using my default browser, Google Chrome. When I hold down the mouse button and then drag it to the desktop most website icons change immediately to a...
  6. How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop?: How can I put a web site shortcut on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-put-a-web-site-shortcut-on-my-desktop/e04c1f02-ea09-4a78-a440-3f9b873462bc
  7. Desktop shortcuts have no icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts have no icon?: I downloaded a few games today and the problem is that it doesn't have an icon. Here's a picture: [ATTACH] And if I look for it at the bottom of the search bar, I won't find it. https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/desktop-verknuepfungen-haben-kein-icon
  8. How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?: Friend trying to put icon from a website on her desktop for easy access. On my computer you just highlight URL and drag to desktop. Hers won't do it! Brand new computer, so I'm assuming latest MS OS. Somebody tell me we're just dorks and it's easy to do! ***Modified...
  9. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?: Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad 11027
  10. How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop: Hey guys!! Just a quick question. I'm using my Windows laptop camera,but i'd love to know how to put a quick access shortcut on my desktop. Anyone know how?? Thank you. 61595