Windows 10: How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Discus and support How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ship69, Jul 29, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Hello

Background
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK)
    13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M graphics card, plus a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    For some reason my Brightness control suddenly seems to have gone nuts. I stopped being able to control it when the power is plugged in, and when the power is not plugged in the brightness keeps changing for no reason.

So I tried to install an AMD driver thing (AMD Adrenalin 2020) that I found on www.amd.com but it locked computer completely and after all manner of trouble I finally managed to do a System Restore to get rid of the Adrenalin thing.

Then like a fool, I thought I could reinstall the old AMD driver using Device Manager, so I tried to disable the thing using Device Manager. And now even after a reboot I still can't see the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. I have tried ticking View ==> Show hidden devices... but that didn't help either!

What should I do?

J

PS I am using Window10 version 2004 (OS Build 190411.388)

:)

ship69, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Bree Win User
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Sorry, was eating dinner.

Yes, the performance tab of Task Manager, at the bottom, is correct way. It looks like your Radeon is primary. Keep in mind that they both will run because they are both enabled, but the system is smart enough to use the Radeon over the iGPU. Example from mine.

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 29, 2020
  4. ship69 Win User

Hello

Background
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK)
    13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    It comes with a AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M graphics card, plus a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    For some reason my Brightness control suddenly seems to have gone nuts. I stopped being able to control it when the power is plugged in, and when the power is not plugged in the brightness keeps changing for no reason.

So I tried to install an AMD driver thing (AMD Adrenalin 2020) that I found on www.amd.com but it locked computer completely and after all manner of trouble I finally managed to do a System Restore to get rid of the Adrenalin thing.

Then like a fool, I thought I could reinstall the old AMD driver using Device Manager, so I tried to disable the thing using Device Manager. And now even after a reboot I still can't see the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. I have tried ticking View ==> Show hidden devices... but that didn't help either!

What should I do?

J

ship69, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? - Similar Threads - enable Display Adapter

2. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER: Hi, I need helps!My PC is a window 10 PC and base on device manager, my PC has 2 display adapter: 1 Intel UHD 770 As I remember 2 NVIDIA RTX 2080 SuperWhile try to get more FPS on gaming performance, I go to search box -> Device Manager then I go to the display adapter...
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY DISABLE MY DISPLAY ADAPTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  6. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  7. How can I enable the display adapter?

8. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?: Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK) 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M...
  9. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?: Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK) 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M...
  10. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?