Windows 10: How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Discus and support How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ship69, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:23 PM.

1. ship69 Win User

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

Hello

Background
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK)
    13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M graphics card, plus a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    For some reason my Brightness control suddenly seems to have gone nuts. I stopped being able to control it when the power is plugged in, and when the power is not plugged in the brightness keeps changing for no reason.

So I tried to install an AMD driver thing (AMD Adrenalin 2020) that I found on www.amd.com but it locked computer completely and after all manner of trouble I finally managed to do a System Restore to get rid of the Adrenalin thing.

Then like a fool, I thought I could reinstall the old AMD driver using Device Manager, so I tried to disable the thing using Device Manager. And now even after a reboot I still can't see the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. I have tried ticking View ==> Show hidden devices... but that didn't help either!

What should I do?

J

:)

2. Bree Win User
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Sorry, was eating dinner.

Yes, the performance tab of Task Manager, at the bottom, is correct way. It looks like your Radeon is primary. Keep in mind that they both will run because they are both enabled, but the system is smart enough to use the Radeon over the iGPU. Example from mine.

How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? [​IMG]

4. ship69 Win User

Hello

Background
    I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK)
    13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK
    It comes with a AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M graphics card, plus a built-in Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    For some reason my Brightness control suddenly seems to have gone nuts. I stopped being able to control it when the power is plugged in, and when the power is not plugged in the brightness keeps changing for no reason.

So I tried to install an AMD driver thing (AMD Adrenalin 2020) that I found on www.amd.com but it locked computer completely and after all manner of trouble I finally managed to do a System Restore to get rid of the Adrenalin thing.

Then like a fool, I thought I could reinstall the old AMD driver using Device Manager, so I tried to disable the thing using Device Manager. And now even after a reboot I still can't see the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. I have tried ticking View ==> Show hidden devices... but that didn't help either!

What should I do?

J

Thema:

1. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? - Similar Threads - enable Display Adapter

2. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?: Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK) 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M...
  3. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?: Hello How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled? Background I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD 13.3" (model: NP740U3E-S04UK) 13.3" Series 7 Ultra Notebook 128GB SSD NP740U3E | Samsung Support UK It comes with a AMD Radeon HD 8570M...
  4. How can I re-enable my Display Adapter that I accidentally disabled?

5. Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable my camera and then enable it later on?: [ATTACH] I would like to disable my built-in web camera for the time being until I will actually need it later on. I came across this function and I was wondering whether I can click on this and reverse the function later? If not, do you perhaps know where I can...
  6. How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?: I have read some other posts suggesting the existence of a "brightness slider" in display settings, and an "adaptive brightness" setting under power options; neither of those exist for my machine. I am on a standard desktop PC, using a Dell AW2518HF display. This is...
  7. What will happen if I disable my only display adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What will happen if I disable my only display adapter: An engineer at Adobe is helping me diagnose a problem with Photoshop. He suggested that I disable my AMD card from device manager and run Photoshop on the integrated graphics to see if the issue persists. When I check Device Manager, I see only one display adapter listed:...
  8. I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable: I disabled windows 10 update/now how do I re-enable it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update/1acc6efa-d078-4639-862a-0a9edda69ab8
  9. Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10

Enable and Disable Display Adapters in Win10: Hi, I would like to disable and enable the Display Adapters on my Device Manager. The reason is that, I have a laptop which will connect to the PC at home but I don't want things to be viewed/displayed on my PC whenever I will Remote (using TeamViewer or AnyDesk) it from a...
  10. how can i re-enable the notification banner of my antivirus ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i re-enable the notification banner of my antivirus ?: Hi somedays ago , i disabled the notification banner for my antivirus at every virus signature updates , i got a notificaition banner well in the preferences-> notification ->i disabled it for my antivirus today i wanted to re-enable but there is no more in the list...