Windows 10: How can I re-enable notifications from "Windows login"/ "Credentials Manager"?

Discus and support How can I re-enable notifications from "Windows login"/ "Credentials Manager"? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was getting a "Windows needs your current credentials" notification every time I unlocked my computer in Windows 10, so I decided to just disable the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Morac, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Morac Win User

How can I re-enable notifications from "Windows login"/ "Credentials Manager"?

I was getting a "Windows needs your current credentials" notification every time I unlocked my computer in Windows 10, so I decided to just disable the notification, by clicking the gear in the top right corner and choosing to "disabled notifications from winlogon".

I decided that I didn't want to do that and want to re-enable notifications, but "winlogon" doesn't show up in the "Notification & Actions" settings. I can't find any way to re-enable those notifications.

How can I do that?

:)

Morac, Dec 16, 2020

2. Microsoft security notification

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you logged in using Microsoft account on the desktop?

You might be face this issue if the Windows login credentials are removed from the Login Credential manger.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Start button and type "Credential Manager".

b. Click on the arrow near the "Windows cached credentials".

c. Check whether the Windows login credentials are listed over there.

d. If the credentials are listed, I suggest you to click on "Remove from vault" and follow the onscreen suggestions.

e. Now check for the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Notification about credentials

Thanks for coming back.

I first tried your Step 1. Please note that in Control Panel "User Accounts and Family Safety" it makes no mention of Family Safety. Also the next action is "Manage your credentials" not Credential Manager. You then have to select Windows Credentials
    before you reach Generic Credentials. I changed the password and then signed in again. On the next restart the notification message appeared again after about 10 minutes.

In your Step 2 at Settings you first have to click on System before you get to Notifications and Action. At the next menu I can't see any way of disabling Windows notifications listed there. What am I missing?

I don't know if this is significant but when I first sign in and go to the Settings > Accounts screen all looks normal but going back to it after getting the Credentials notification the screen has changed to read Verify your Account. If I click on Verify
    the screen reverts to its normal appearance.

Lee Antony, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Remote Desktop won't accept login credentials

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Are you using a Microsoft account to login?
    • Was the user name changed at any point of time?

Meanwhile, you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Command prompt as an administrator on your local machine and type:
      gpedit.msc
    • Navigate to the following location:

Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation
    • Click on ‘Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication’
    • Enable the policy and click on ‘Show’ button in the options window below and enter the value
      ‘TERMSRV/*’ (without quotes) into the list. Apply the changes.
    • Do the same thing for the following policies:

Allow Delegating Saved Credentials

Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication

Allow Delegating Default Credentials
    • Make sure that ‘Deny Delegating Saved Credentials’ is not enabled or does not contain ‘TERMSRV/*’ in the list
    • Close all windows, open a command prompt, and use
      ‘gpupdate /force’
      command to apply the policy directly.

Once the update is complete, reboot the machine and see if you can remote login.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I re-enable notifications from "Windows login"/ "Credentials Manager"? - Similar Threads - enable notifications login

2. How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?: I have a Dell XPS13 laptop bought in late 2019 not long after having this laptop I turned off the touchscreen function for personal reasons but now all these years later and having updated from Windows 10 to 11 I would like to enable the touchscreen again but the function...
  3. How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?: I have a Dell XPS13 laptop bought in late 2019 not long after having this laptop I turned off the touchscreen function for personal reasons but now all these years later and having updated from Windows 10 to 11 I would like to enable the touchscreen again but the function...
  4. How can I re-enable encryption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-enable encryption?: In the last couple of weeks, my Dell Inspiron 5379 has regularly had me go through Bitlocker Recovery to log in. Sometimes this would happen when booting up from being fully shut down. Other times it would occur when just waking up from sleep.I disabled encryption, hoping to...
  5. How can I re-enable encryption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I re-enable encryption?: In the last couple of weeks, my Dell Inspiron 5379 has regularly had me go through Bitlocker Recovery to log in. Sometimes this would happen when booting up from being fully shut down. Other times it would occur when just waking up from sleep.I disabled encryption, hoping to...
  6. How can I re-enable the ability to use my password for login?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I re-enable the ability to use my password for login?: When I attempt to login to my PC, Microsoft forces me to use my PIN. I despise this and would much rather use my password. When I go into my account setting and login details, the option to use my password at login is gone. Please help....
  7. How to clear all Credentials from Credential Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear all Credentials from Credential Manager in Windows 10: At times, you may want to clear all credentials stored in the Credentials Manager; for example, when you’re having issues using your password on your Windows 10 device, but the password works on all your other devices. In this post, we show you how to clear all credentials...
  8. How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?: I disabled a program's Notifications by clicking the gear icon within the notification and selected "Turn off all notifications for [PROGRAM]". The program isn't listed under Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notification from these senders. How can I restore...
  9. how can i re-enable the notification banner of my antivirus ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i re-enable the notification banner of my antivirus ?: Hi somedays ago , i disabled the notification banner for my antivirus at every virus signature updates , i got a notificaition banner well in the preferences-> notification ->i disabled it for my antivirus today i wanted to re-enable but there is no more in the list...
  10. How can I research or verify my login credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I research or verify my login credentials?: Whenever I boot Win 10 (1511) the first (Lock?)screen automatically presents the message that the password is incorrect. Where is it finding this "bad password"? I altered my password weeks ago, but maybe an old password is somewhere in the system. When I click and enter my...