Windows 10: how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

Discus and support how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Linton Smith1, Feb 12, 2024.

1. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after checking in my settings and control panel, there was nothing to do with realtek visible.i very much would appreciate any help to have it come back

:)

Linton Smith1, Feb 12, 2024

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 12, 2024
  4. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

How to enable generic audio driver

Hi John,

Driver compatibility may vary depending on the model and version of the driver and system that you're using. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you restore the previous driver version by performing a roll back. To do this follow
    the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Locate sound driver by clicking the drop-down arrow to expand one of the categories.
    • Right-click on the installed driver and then select Properties.
    • Under the display driver properties window, select the Driver tab.
    • Select Roll Back Driver...
    • Select OK.

If the option is greyed out, try reinstalling the driver by repeating steps
    1 to 4 then select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall a native driver.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

1. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up - Similar Threads - enable audio driver

2. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up: i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after checking in my settings and control panel, there was nothing to do with realtek visible.i very much would appreciate any help to...
  3. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up: i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after checking in my settings and control panel, there was nothing to do with realtek visible.i very much would appreciate any help to...
  4. How to re-enable audio

How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  5. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop-up asking me what device is plugged and I clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found forums but...
  6. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop-up asking me what device is plugged and I clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found forums but...
  7. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop up asking me what device is plugged and i clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found many forums...
  8. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

Re-enabling audio jack pop up: I had a pop up asking me what device is plugged and i clicked on mic and accidentally clicked on do not show in the future. I can't find the option to enable it again and everything I plug in, including my earphones now only work as external mics. I have found many forums...
  9. Re-enabling audio jack pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to enable the audio jack pop-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable the audio jack pop-up: Fyi I'm using AMD High Definition Audio Device. I don't think I click the never show the popup option but somehow it just never show up again. I need to change my device from microphone to headphone....