Windows 10: How can I re-extend my taskbar?

Discus and support How can I re-extend my taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been working on my computer all day, but when I went to change the app I was working in, I noticed that the taskbar is randomly condensed, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahebel2002, Apr 22, 2021.

1. How can I re-extend my taskbar?

I have been working on my computer all day, but when I went to change the app I was working in, I noticed that the taskbar is randomly condensed, and it is no longer displaying the time and date. It also won't let me click the button to extend to see more apps this one ^. Any idea how I can fix this? The fact that I can't see all of my apps in one glance is driving me up a wall.

:)

Ahebel2002, Apr 22, 2021

2. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 22, 2021
  4. How can I re-extend my taskbar?

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I re-extend my taskbar?

1. How can I re-extend my taskbar? - Similar Threads - extend taskbar

2. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  3. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  4. Extend taskbar labels option unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend taskbar labels option unavailable: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 11 and was trying to customize my taskbar. When I went to enable labels however I noticed that the option wasn't there altogether, which is weird considering there are many screenshots where the feature is enabled and visible in the settings...
  5. Extend taskbar labels option unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend taskbar labels option unavailable: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 11 and was trying to customize my taskbar. When I went to enable labels however I noticed that the option wasn't there altogether, which is weird considering there are many screenshots where the feature is enabled and visible in the settings...
  6. How do I extend app window borders to the bottom and below of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I extend app window borders to the bottom and below of the taskbar?: I have downloaded an app which makes the taskbar on the bottom transparent, and it look beautiful on desktop mode. But when I open a program eg. a browser, it looks weird as it is still transparent but shows a part of the desktop background. Instead, I want to be able to...
  7. After windows10 upgrade to 21H2 the taskbar on extended display is not showing the icons

After windows10 upgrade to 21H2 the taskbar on extended display is not showing the icons: After windows10 upgrade to 21H2 the taskbar on extended display is not showing the icons, it only shows a black barr but no icons on extended screen not showing...
  8. 2 Displays, extended desktop: How to have the volume button in both taskbars in Windows 10?

2 Displays, extended desktop: How to have the volume button in both taskbars in Windows 10?: I'd like to know how to have the volume button in both displays on this setup, as we have the clock and start button in both, I wonder whether is possible to have the volume button in both as well. It could be easier to adjust thru the bar in one display when I have something...
  9. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  10. Prevent windows from extending below the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows from extending below the taskbar: Whether I'm using a browser, or multiple Excel 2013 workbooks, it's common that their unmaximized window extends below the taskbar (without auto-retract) , making access to the window's scroll bar awkward. I can't count the times I've repositioned a browser window, only to...