Windows 10: How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

Discus and support How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vahid Ghadiri Rad, Jul 26, 2018.

1. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

Hi

About 2 years ago, I upgrade my genuine copy of Win 7 to Win 10 from Microsoft's site directly for free, but after some month I uninstall it because of some errors. Now I want to know how can I install Win 10 for free again on the same computer?
    I have only my product key for win 7. Can you help me please?

:)

Vahid Ghadiri Rad, Jul 26, 2018

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jul 26, 2018
  4. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10?

1. How can I re-install my free upgraded win 10? - Similar Threads - install free upgraded

2. how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free: i need windows 8.1 to windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10-for-free/1614c126-d349-403f-b87e-437000ef50fd
  3. how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 for free: i need windows 8.1 to windows 10 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10-for-free/1614c126-d349-403f-b87e-437000ef50fd
  4. Why can I not re-install Win 10 Pro???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can I not re-install Win 10 Pro???: I bought win 10 pro from microsoft store, I had to reload PC, now I cannot restore to Win 10 Pro.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-re-install-win-10-pro/1d3ffc74-81f2-4125-962c-485f0a7a2450
  5. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  6. Win 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Free Upgrade: I still have Win 8.1 Pro in one of my pc's. Is it too late to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for free. If so what would be the process.Win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-free-upgrade/6c5b0473-a789-4832-918f-0579fdb5c9d2
  7. Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different...

Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different...: 1. I live in China, I bought a computer with a pre-installed Windows 10 CoreCountrySpecific in Chinese, meaning that I couldn't use English as the system language, which I believe is a general issue for many people (from foreign countries or not) in China, and from what I...
  8. Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer: Hello, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on the Windows partition of a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. I am selling that computer and going to erase that Windows partition. I know that Win 7 can be upgraded to Win10 for free. Can I use this opportunity to get Win 10 for...
  9. Re-install win 10 from upgrade

Re-install win 10 from upgrade: Hello I recently did a free upgrade to win 10 from win 7 (legal copy). I downloaded the iso and made a bootable disc. I retrieved the installation key from my computer but i am just wondering if i can do a clean install with that disc and the installation key that i have or...
  10. Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?

Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?: Several months ago I got the free upgrade from Win 7 to 10. I did fresh install onto a blank HDD using a proper ISO and used the key on the bottom of my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba provided no Win 10 drivers, but I got everything working with 7 and 8 drivers. Now the question...