Windows 10: How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010

Discus and support How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Years ago I wrote a program in Visual Basic 2008. I still have the original forms and source code. Not quite so long ago I purchased Visual Studio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Kirchhoff, Apr 3, 2020.

1. How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010

Years ago I wrote a program in Visual Basic 2008. I still have the original forms and source code. Not quite so long ago I purchased Visual Studio 2010 but before using it, I had moved on to other projects. I now want to return to my original program. I would like to re-use my original forms and source code about 11,000 lines as a starting point on a new version. Where can I find how to do this?

:)

Bill Kirchhoff, Apr 3, 2020
  2. ashaw2 Win User

Matlab and Visual Studio 2010

I have matlab 2011a and I need to compile some c++ files (libSVM package) using

mex -setup

I get the following msg:

Welcome to mex -setup. This utility will help you set up

a default compiler. For a list of supported compilers, see

Support - System Requirements and Supported Compilers Previous Releases

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n?

If I select 'y' matlab does not see a c compiler selecting 'n' produces,

Select a compiler:

[1] Intel C++ 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[2] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[3] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Shell linker)

[4] Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1

[5] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1

[6] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

[7] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

[0] None

Compiler: 6

I have tried one by one each of these, but in each case it tries to look for a Visual Studio version that my PC does not have.

For example, when I chose '6' I receive the following warning,

Warning: The default location for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 compiler is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0"

but either that directory does not exist or the configuration

is invalid.

Use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 anyway [y]/n? y

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Are these correct [y]/n?

*****************************************************************************

Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler. This may indicate that the

"X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK) is not installed. To build 64-bit MEX-files

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires that these two packages are

installed properly.

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK), but the SDK cannot be found. Examine your

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation.

??? Error using ==> mex at 208

Unable to complete successfully

----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

I have installed the latest Visual Studio "Community" Version. My Program Files directory shows

Visual Studio 8, 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0.

I have also tried to install the SDK but it does not install (SDK installer also does not see the Visual C++ compiler).

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

ashaw2, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Visual Studio 2010 to release March 22

Major feature changes:
    • Tools for Windows 7 and SharePoint 2010
    • drag-and-drop bindings with Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
    • The inclusion of the Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) for programming with scripting languages
    • Parallel programming support

FordGT90Concept, Apr 3, 2020
  4. How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010

Visual Basic 6

I moved this thread to "Programming & Webmastering". I suggest not to use vb6 and go with vb.net 2010 or 2012 express. I'd also, suggest if you are learning from the ground up then start with c#. *Toast :toast:

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Mindweaver, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010

1. How can I re-use a Visual Basic 2008 program in Visual Studio 2010 - Similar Threads - Visual Basic 2008

2. Visual Basic Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Studio: Before retirement I used to work in education and for a number of years I spent many hours Days, Years developing Visual Basic programs and compiling them into executables for student use. Then there were security issues raised and the college I worked for banned the use of...
  3. Visual Basic Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic Studio: Before retirement I used to work in education and for a number of years I spent many hours Days, Years developing Visual Basic programs and compiling them into executables for student use. Then there were security issues raised and the college I worked for banned the use of...
  4. Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...: I haven't found the solution for a year. Solutions from MS communities did not solve yet.There must be a way to solve this problem.I'm asking for your help. Only users who have installed, for example, VS 2019 can open the program.The problem is opening / reading the file:...
  5. Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program written with Visual Basic Express 2010 > updated with Visual Studio 2019 > Withou...: I haven't found the solution for a year. Solutions from MS communities did not solve yet.There must be a way to solve this problem.I'm asking for your help. Only users who have installed, for example, VS 2019 can open the program.The problem is opening / reading the file:...
  6. Need to re-download Visual Studio 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to re-download Visual Studio 2010: Hi, I need to redownload a very old version of Visual Studio VS 2010 ProfessionalRebuild an old development environment and need to redownload Visual Studio Professional 2010 so that I can recompile some applications. I have visited...
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and 2010

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and 2010: Hi, sorry if i bother anyone but i wanted to ask if its possible to download C++ 2008 x64 and C++ 2010 x64 from Microsoft again, because a program needs them and I cant find them, it just says that are no longer available, also sorry if the category is wrong, I'm new on this...
  8. Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?: When I (70) stopped programming 30 years ago, Visual Basic was still around. Now my ambition has gripped me again and I want to continue a project from back then, which failed because of too little computing power. It is about similarity determination of strings. What I need...
  9. Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019: Hi, If I'm not in the correct forum, please advise me of where I should be posting this. I have written a program that required I call System.Security.Cryptography to create a File Hash. I'm using MD5. However, for me to add my program to the Microsoft Store, I cannot...
  10. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2008: I am having a problem with publishing a project that I was able to publish before. I wrote this originally in 2015 and was trying to update the software and publish it. I get an error stating; Error 2 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign...