Windows 10: How can i read a Linux partition

Discus and support How can i read a Linux partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Fedora 31 Linux distro as a dual boot with my windows 10 and usually, I use it for development purposes and sometimes I wanna share with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AliAmor, Mar 27, 2020.

1. AliAmor Win User

How can i read a Linux partition

I have Fedora 31 Linux distro as a dual boot with my windows 10 and usually, I use it for development purposes and sometimes I wanna share with my friend a project using discord and I want to run my project from my windows 10 but win10 doesn't recognize EXT4 partition format while Linux support it. I found a tool called Ext2Fsd but it' not recommended because the last update was in 2012. So how can i do it

:)

AliAmor, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 27, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 27, 2020
  4. TuhinJana Win User

linux partition erased by windows update

Well, it happened
    again
    . The unallocated 252.00 Gib section is where my old ubuntu installation's /home folder resided. Luckily this time I already had copied all my important files to another distro in another harddrive. Or else I'd have to spend 3 days recovering everything
    again.

Will microsoft ever fix it ?

Technical:

As windows supported only 4 main paritions, I had only 1 HDD & wanted my /home folder on separate drive from my / due to distrohopping habbits, I partitioned the drive in the following way.

• linux /
    • windows C:
    • windows diag
    • extended
      • linux /home
      • windows D:
      • windows E:

TuhinJana, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How can i read a Linux partition - Similar Threads - read Linux partition

2. How do I remove a Linux partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Linux partition: hey guys I updated my bios and have been having grub command line boots ever since on my disk management on my 1tb hardrive there is a 150gb unallocated space which can't be extended or deleted now I know this is a linux partiton but how can I delete it while on windows....
  3. Installed Linux in windows partition!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Linux in windows partition!: Helllo guys, I have installed linux for college purposes. While doing so I've chosen the wrong partition and installed in main windows drive. Now when I try to boot it up, "Advanced repair options" comes up and i'm unable to get the windows back. Please help me to get...
  4. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  5. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB): I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m...
  6. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  7. Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reading Linux (LibreElec) HDs in Windows: I have been trying for months to get my Windows 10 workstations to talk to my LibreElec KODI Box.. It used to work, but then MS (in their... er.. infinite wisdom) decided to change the SMB format and all network connectivity was lost.. After months of trying to get them to...
  8. How do I delete my linux partition on windows oem?

How do I delete my linux partition on windows oem?: I have deleted linux through the disk manager but the space still seems to be taken up. I also want to get rid of grub bootloader. submitted by /u/jjbizarreadventure [link] [comments]...
  9. how do I read linux files in windows 10

how do I read linux files in windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?...
  10. how do I read linux files in windows 10

how do I read linux files in windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?...