Windows 10: How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10

Discus and support How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some old Corel Draw X4 files which it would be useful to be able to open them to read and cut and paste the text. X4 won't install on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, May 4, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10

I have some old Corel Draw X4 files which it would be useful to be able to open them to read and cut and paste the text. X4 won't install on Windows 10. I just want to access the files. I don't want to run CorelDraw. Too expensive for rare use when I can manage most things with apps such as Publisher.

:)

Sigurd, May 4, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

corel draw x4

Hi timbo1967

I am sorry, you will have great difficulty running Corel Draw X4 on WIndows 10, Corel report that there is no way to successfully run that on Windows 10 and they have not provided a patch for X4, even X7 needs to be run in Compatibility Mode.

The Corel forums are full of 'fixes' however, none of those seem to work, sorry . . .

DaveM121, May 4, 2021
  3. Does Windows 10 support Corel Draw

I have Corel X6 on a PC I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8. The following issues where immediate:

1. The menu bar in Corel Draw X6 is no longer visible.

2. You can no longer access Corel Draw files from another computer. Parameters:

• Corel X6 on both PCs on network
    • Corel 10 upgraded on one PC which stores the Corel Draw files.
    • Corel Draw on a network PC with Windows 7 cannot open the Corel Files. All other files are fine.
    • If the files are on another PC, any other PC except the Windows 10 PC, the files work fine!
    Question: Does Windows 10 activate some type of security for licensing that conflicts?

NylesReinfeld, May 4, 2021
  4. How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10

Unable to use old Corel draw CMX graphic files in Visio 2013 and in Windows 10.

Original title: Windows 10, Visio 2013 and old Corel draw CMX graphic files

In my old MS XP and Visio I could insert Corel images (CMX files) into Visio. Since going to MS 10 and Visio Standard 2013, I cannot import these Corel graphics (CMX files on CDs) into my Visio drawings. Corel, of course, offered no help, saying that they
    did not support their own files anymore as they were old (new in 1999). Is there a way I can import these graphics into my new Visio and MS 10? I have over 200,000 pics in the CMX format and would like to be able to use some of them..................

Thank you,

Richard_Cote, May 4, 2021
Thema:

How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10

1. How can I read an old Corel Draw X4 file on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - read old Corel

2. Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corel Paintshop Pro X4 side-by-side configuration error: Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to load Corel Paintshop Pro.exe:- [Window Title] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe [Content] C:\Program Files x86\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X4\Corel PaintShop Pro.exe The...
  3. COREL DRAW 2018

in Windows 10 Customization
    COREL DRAW 2018: IT WAS WORKING FINE A FEW DAYS BACK BUT NOW MY COREL DRAW 2018 WONT LAUNCH..LEAVES GREY SCREEN DIALOG BOX WITH TWO X'S IN LEFT CORNER AFTER INITIALIZING USER INTERFACE...HELP...
  4. Reading old hlp files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading old hlp files in Windows 10: How to read old hlp files in Windows 10. Any support seems to stop at Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-old-hlp-files-in-windows-10/cf91f8ee-e457-44c8-adfc-a840fe7257d8"
  5. Error 1336 desinstalando Corel Draw

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1336 desinstalando Corel Draw: Mientras estaba desinstalando este programa, apareció este error. Ya antes había realizado esta operación y no había tenido este inconveniente. Agradeciendo de antemano la solución. [ATTACH]...
  6. Error opening Help in Windows-based programs on Windows 10 - Corel Draw 7

Error opening Help in Windows-based programs on Windows 10 - Corel Draw 7: I installed this version on Windows 10. It installed and launched correctly. At each mouse click I get this error. Error opening Help in Windows-based programs on Windows 10 What can I do to prevent this error from presenting? Thanks Shawn...
  7. How to Run Corel Draw 7 on Windows 10 laptop

How to Run Corel Draw 7 on Windows 10 laptop: i have just loaded Corel Draw 7 but whilst it loads and opensd the screen it is not possible to create any graphics. Windows loads the help pages. Is there a patch to load and run?...
  8. Corel Draw 5.0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corel Draw 5.0: When I try to load Corel 5 on windows 10 it says it will not load this app. All of my work has been done on 5. I installed corel 8 on this pc but it will not run corel 5 saved work. Is there a way to get my corel 5 work converted so corel 8 will recognize it or just get...
  9. Corel Draw 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corel Draw 7: I've installed Corel Draw 7 onto my Windows 10 laptop and every time I click anywhere within the Corel opened programme WINDOWS HELP/SUPPORT window opens automatically, sometimes multiple times, PLEASE how can I stop this happening....
  10. Corel Draw

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel Draw: Hi there I have been offered a complete version of Corel Draw Graphic Suite 12. Is it compatible with Windows 10? Rob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/corel-draw/39139d60-51c4-4d4a-bb41-057afaa59fb0