Windows 10: How can I record playback audio and mic?

Discus and support How can I record playback audio and mic? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically, I want to record myself singing karaoke. I want to record using my G933 headset (which if you didn't know, has a mic), and also at the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOSHSKORN, Jun 15, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

How can I record playback audio and mic?

Basically, I want to record myself singing karaoke. I want to record using my G933 headset (which if you didn't know, has a mic), and also at the same time, record the audio of what YouTube video I'm playing on my computer.

Is this possible? I would think it should be. How would I go about doing this?

I saw a couple of videos on Audicity but I couldn't seem to get it working.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Triobian Win User

Recording Mic Not Detected

So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not being detected by Windows, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried a variety of things, but if you think you have a solution, assume I haven't tried it. If you can, I would like details and step by step stuff, I'm not great at improv direction. I'm a streamer and Youtuber, and the mic and interface was chosen because it's the the popular choice among other streamers.

Details of my setup:
    Mic: AT 2035
    Interface: Line 6 UX2
    PC: Custom
    Motherboard: Crossfire V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
    Ram: 16.0 GB
    GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition
    Recording Software: OBS

Picture 1: Current configuration of Pod Farm 2
    Version: 2.59
    Details:
    As seen, all three items in the configuration are turned on.Input is set to mic 1, and as seen from the levels the mic is working and the software is registering audio.

Picture 2: Pod Farm License Manager
    Details: As seen, both my computer and the UX2 Interface are authorized.Something I see, there are add-on's in UX2 but not on my pc, not sure if that is significant.

Picture 3: Playback and Recording
    Details:
    "Speakers 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "NVIDIA HDMI Output (Port 1 - 3)" Are my monitors.
    "SONY TV - 4" Another of my monitors.
    "AT Headphones" My headphones.
    "Realtek Digital Output (1 - 2)" Not sure, but from the disc that came with my motherboard.
    "Digital Audio Interface 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "Microphone" This is not the AT 2035. I'm unsure what it is, but when listening to audio its just the same droning noise. Might be an audio jack on the computer itself.
    "Line In" No clue on this.
    "Stereo Mix" Not sure what this does, but it is also from the disc that came with the motherboard.

That's everything that I can think to include. If you need more information in order to help I will do my best to answer. So, if you might know of a solution, please do say.

Triobian, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I record playback audio and mic? - Similar Threads - record playback audio

2. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  3. Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback: Hi.To help our software partners debug a problem I have used the Windows 10 Accessories Step Recorder to record a process. When I have attempted to view the file created it opens in Edge but none of the screen shots are displayed and the functionality links next / back etc....
  4. Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 - Steps Recorder - how to playback: Hi.To help our software partners debug a problem I have used the Windows 10 Accessories Step Recorder to record a process. When I have attempted to view the file created it opens in Edge but none of the screen shots are displayed and the functionality links next / back etc....
  5. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  6. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  7. Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.: I disabled the Realtek Jack Mic device in the Recording tab under sound devices and then restarted my laptop.When I restarted it, I wasn't able to hear anything from my earphones and then I tried a lot to get back the Realtek Jack Mic device but failed...PLEASE HELP ASAP......
  8. How to record screen with Audio from MIC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to record screen with Audio from MIC in Windows 10: Hi, I would like to record the screen with Audio from MIC in Windows 10. I just have tried Win + G capture option, it only work when Google Chrome is up. If I minimize the Google Chrome then the recording stops....
  9. How to disable desktop audio when recording with a mic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable desktop audio when recording with a mic?: I want to record audio with my mic which is plugged to the audio jack in my PC. I'm using Audacity, but the application doesn't really matter because even Windows' Voice recorder has the same issue. When I'm recording with my mic, audio from the desktop is also present. How...
  10. Your Phone Recording and Playback Mic and Speakers

Your Phone Recording and Playback Mic and Speakers: Just got the "Calls" feature of Your Phone working on my PC. The only issue is that Your Phone does not provide a mechanism to select my preferred mic and speakers. Skype allows selecting the devices, including the Default Communication Devices as set in the Control Panel >...