Windows 10: How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ?

Discus and support How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and Staples who copied the hard drive from my old to my new computer claimed they could not download my old windows live mail as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Butwinski, Mar 2, 2021.

1. How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ?

I bought a new laptop and Staples who copied the hard drive from my old to my new computer claimed they could not download my old windows live mail as it is a proprietary program.

I am hoping Microsoft can help me recoup the address book and saved emails in the categories. There are business and other items I need to save. Can you help me ?

Mark Butwinski

732-433-1122

:)

Mark Butwinski, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Windows LIve Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It is possible that Mail.MsMessageStore file was corrupted. Please follow the steps below on how to repair the file:

• Which is the email client that you use to access your emails? Windows live mail or through mail app? Or do you access email via your Web Browser?

• If you use email client, what type of email account? (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps if you access it through Windows live mail.

1. Restart the computer (this is to ensure that Live Mail is fully shut down, and that none of it's components are in use when the computer starts)

2. Press Windows+ X and select command prompt(Admin).

3. Copy the following (press Ctrl+C):

esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

Note: the "" are necessary

4. Right click in the command prompt Window, and select Paste, so you now see the following:

C:\Windows\system32>esentutl.exe -d "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Mail.MSMessageStore"

5. Press enter. esentutl will now defragment the Live Mail database file

6. Once done, you can close the command prompt, and restart the PC again

If the issue persists, please notify us.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 2, 2021
  4. How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ?

Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

Windows Essentials

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ?

1. How can I recoup the emails and files saved on my windows live mail account ? - Similar Threads - recoup emails files

2. How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?: I have a PST file that I need to access in my Windows Live Mail account. Is there any secure option to move the data file to my WLM mailbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-pst-file-to-windows-live-mail/8b3a4112-f71a-4b9c-9886-6f35060bfe79
  3. How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?: I have a PST file that I need to access in my Windows Live Mail account. Is there any secure option to move the data file to my WLM mailbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-pst-file-to-windows-live-mail/8b3a4112-f71a-4b9c-9886-6f35060bfe79
  4. Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?: I have a gmail account that I use with Windows 10 mail. I'd like to shut down that account, but still want access to those emails/folders. Do I lose everything if I cancel the gmail account? If so, how can I backup?...
  5. how to add email accounts to live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add email accounts to live mail: how to add email accounts to live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-email-accounts-to-live-mail/3f6c0045-4d14-4b4e-9fc0-f2af4ab60aef
  6. My Windows live mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows live mail account: My Windows Live Mail has changed. I can only access the Inbox. Previously I could see the Junk Mail box - Deleted - and loads of Storage folders. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-live-mail-account/c26d4c5b-e156-4181-bda9-3dddd8814af6
  7. Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live Mail - Can receive but not send emails: I have a Dell computer and my operating system is Windows 10 Pro and I am using Windows Live Mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). I have satellite internet through Hughes (Gen 5). The account on which I am having the issue is a Windstream email account. I can send...
  8. windows live mail is rejecting my google email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail is rejecting my google email account: I get the following message: AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Configuration: Account: Gmail (mgpittman22) Server: imap.gmail.com User name: mgpittman22 Protocol: IMAP Port: 993 Secure(SSL): 1 Code: 800cccd1 This has been going on...
  9. Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?: Got a new computer. Old one used Windows Live Mail but can't get it working on the new one. Is it possible to move my emails from WLM into Thunderbird? 86865
  10. Finding "Live Mail" email data files.

in Browsers and Email
    Finding "Live Mail" email data files.: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on a duel booting computer, on separate drives and whilst I can transfer most of the personal data off the Win 10 drive to a new temp folder on the other drive and then back later to a newly installed clean version of Win 10 on the original...