Windows 10: How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

Discus and support How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had an issue with my main ssd, I changed it and have a new windows user,I have on my new ssd a folder with a full backup og my last one,Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Malo Leclercq, Nov 28, 2022.

1. How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

I recently had an issue with my main ssd, I changed it and have a new windows user,I have on my new ssd a folder with a full backup og my last one,Even if when I go in my folder I can see that all the apps are in the old AppData folder, I can't access themI was wondering if there is a way to merge this old AppData folder to the new one, or to create a new user directly from this folder, or at least, is there any way where I can use this folder to have my apps back whitout having to reinstall them one by one?

:)

Malo Leclercq, Nov 28, 2022

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 28, 2022
  3. recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Nov 28, 2022
  4. How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

How do I put a folder of my own into the Guest user account and make it the only folder available to view beyond those by default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below in order to put a folder of your own to the guest account:

• Select and copy the folder that you want to move to the Guest Account.
    • Follow the steps below and paste the folder so that you'll be able to view it in the Guest Account:
    • Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘This PC, and press enter.
    • Now follow the path: Local Disk(CHow can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder :)>>Users>>Guest Account.
    • And paste the folder which you wanted to move, in the Guest Account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

1. How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder - Similar Threads - recover applications past

2. How can I recover deleted files or folders from my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover deleted files or folders from my Windows 10 computer?: Hey everyone, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, could use some help with a Windows 10 issue. I accidentally deleted some important files on my computer, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to recover them. I've heard there might be some built-in tools or third-party software options...
  3. How can I recover deleted files or folders from my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover deleted files or folders from my Windows 10 computer?: Hey everyone, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, could use some help with a Windows 10 issue. I accidentally deleted some important files on my computer, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to recover them. I've heard there might be some built-in tools or third-party software options...
  4. How can I recover deleted files or folders from my Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I recover missing files from C:\User\<user> folder in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover missing files from C:\User\<user> folder in Windows 11?: I was having trouble back on my PC because it was constantly creating new temporary profiles and got stuck in a loop. After trying different methods like changing the path in the registry editor then deleting the temp profile and updating to the latest version, my PC keeps...
  6. How can I recover missing files from C:\User\<user> folder in Windows 11?

How can I recover missing files from C:\User\<user> folder in Windows 11?: I was having trouble back on my PC because it was constantly creating new temporary profiles and got stuck in a loop. After trying different methods like changing the path in the registry editor then deleting the temp profile and updating to the latest version, my PC keeps...
  7. How can I recover all my files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I recover all my files?: Background information: I was using my laptop as per normal when suddenly this came on. Issue: After this completed, my laptop got somewhat factory restarted and I lost everything on it. This includes programs and applications installed, files from documents to images even...
  8. How can I recover all my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover all my files?: Background information: I was using ny laptop as per normal when suddenly this came on. Issue: After this completed, my laptop got somewhat factory restarted and I lost everything on it. This includes programs and applications installed, files from documents to images even...
  9. How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder: I recently had an issue with my main ssd, I changed it and have a new windows user,I have on my new ssd a folder with a full backup og my last one,Even if when I go in my folder I can see that all the apps are in the old AppData folder, I can't access themI was wondering if...
  10. How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder

How can I recover all my applications from my past windows user from a folder: I recently had an issue with my main ssd, I changed it and have a new windows user,I have on my new ssd a folder with a full backup og my last one,Even if when I go in my folder I can see that all the apps are in the old AppData folder, I can't access themI was wondering if...