Windows 10: How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

Discus and support How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evans Adam, Apr 12, 2024.

1. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and proceed to take me to BIOS. Can someone please tell me so i can recover the data of my drive before YSOD and make it bootable again? Please i need answer

:)

Evans Adam, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 12, 2024
  4. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

How to make recovered drive bootable

Thank you for your detailed response.

I had actually already tried the steps you suggest here, but ended up with a bit of a mess. When I did the install of windows from the USB drive it created a new default user, and then when I copied my files over from the Acronis backup they were in a different
    user.

Also, although the programs I had installed before the crash are all there in the "program files" and "program files (x86)" folders, they will not run.

I appreciate knowing that windows requires the three partitions to boot. Can you give me any advice on how to create the EFI and Recovery partition on my recovered drive?

Thank you,

Abe

Dr. Abraham, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

1. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot? - Similar Threads - recover drive YSOD

2. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?: I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and proceed to take me to BIOS. Can someone please tell me so i can recover the data of my drive before YSOD and make it bootable...
  3. How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i recover my drive after a YSOD making it unable to boot?: I was playing a game till suddenly it freezes and i get YSOD Yellow Screen Of Death after YSOD is done my laptop dont have any driver to boot and proceed to take me to BIOS. Can someone please tell me so i can recover the data of my drive before YSOD and make it bootable...
  4. How can I recover my Downloads folder if the drive won't boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I recover my Downloads folder if the drive won't boot?: My old boot drive needs to be reformated because Windows isn't starting, but I want to save some files from the Downloads folder. The drive doesn't seem to be entirely corrupted because I can still access most folders from Command Prompt while using a Windows Installation...
  5. How can I recover my Downloads folder if the drive won't boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my Downloads folder if the drive won't boot?: My old boot drive needs to be reformated because Windows isn't starting, but I want to save some files from the Downloads folder. The drive doesn't seem to be entirely corrupted because I can still access most folders from Command Prompt while using a Windows Installation...
  6. How can I recover my Downloads folder if the drive won't boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to make drive boot

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make drive boot: I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't. The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC. When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I...
  8. How can I recover my thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I recover my thumb drive: Thumb drive used to work well before and then didn't use it for a while. But now that I insert it the machine doesn't detect any communication sound or error and I can't format it anyway....
  9. How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make my ssd the main boot drive?: Hello, so I recently Installed windows to my new Kingston ssd and I have noticed that it does not display in my bios as the main boot drive for UEFI. So whenever I have to turn off my computer or restart it I have to press f9 boot drive selector and manually select my ssd to...
  10. How to make recovered drive bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make recovered drive bootable: After a recent drive failure/system crash, I restored my C-Drive from an Acronis True Image Home backup, to a new drive. The restore operation completed successfully, however the system does not recognize the new drive as a boot drive. The backup was done as a file backup...