Windows 10: How can I recover my thumb drive

Discus and support How can I recover my thumb drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thumb drive used to work well before and then didn't use it for a while. But now that I insert it the machine doesn't detect any communication sound or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentZY, Sep 16, 2020.

1. VincentZY Win User

How can I recover my thumb drive

Thumb drive used to work well before and then didn't use it for a while. But now that I insert it the machine doesn't detect any communication sound or error and I can't format it anyway.

:)

VincentZY, Sep 16, 2020

2. Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Sep 16, 2020
  3. Recover files on thumb drive

I have a thumb drive that had a lot of documents and photos in it. There are all gone now with just one fole remaining names "debug". When that is opened, it says: [0824/124059.844:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header

What can I do to recover the lost files?

Bud and NancyHaugh, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

How can I recover my thumb drive

1. How can I recover my thumb drive - Similar Threads - recover thumb drive

2. How can I recover my password..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover my password..?: Actually I use msconfig and restart my pc. Now I input password but this password is wrong how can I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-my-password/b419d626-e91e-42f2-965e-ad80055bd425
  3. how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive?: how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-user-files-from-back-up-thumb/8dc80412-ac35-46a9-bc9b-a1bf2e6ffb72
  4. how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive?

how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive?: how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-user-files-from-back-up-thumb/8dc80412-ac35-46a9-bc9b-a1bf2e6ffb72
  5. how do I recover user files from back up thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?: Hi,How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?I know the Driver Name and the version but not its actual filename. It's for an older printer. My WIn11 computer found it and downloaded it which was great but I would like to have a copy on a...
  7. How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?

How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?: Hi,How can I locate a specific driver on my WIN11 PC and copy it to my thumb drive?I know the Driver Name and the version but not its actual filename. It's for an older printer. My WIn11 computer found it and downloaded it which was great but I would like to have a copy on a...
  8. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  9. Can I restore a computer from a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I restore a computer from a thumb drive?: I am out of room on HP stream and there is no room for MS Upgrade. All that is left is system files. Can I create a recovery on a thumb drive and then delete everything from the PC and restore from the thumb drive. There is not enough memory to run Reset....
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165