Windows 10: How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?

Discus and support How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think I have to change something on Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics; but what? I just want them to be a bit smaller in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bohzee, Nov 3, 2020.

1. /u/Bohzee Win User

How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined?

I think I have to change something on Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics; but what? I just want them to be a bit smaller in width.

I found something to make the buttons bigger, but not smaller.

submitted by /u/Bohzee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bohzee, Nov 3, 2020

2. How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?

Hello,

This is in reference to this tutorial.

What I want to do is to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons even further...that is, even shorter width than what's shown as size 38 in that tutorial. I want the buttons in my taskbar to show their respective icons along with only 3-4 characters of text.

I remember that I accomplished this in my previous Windows installation (Windows 7 (64-bit)), using the same method as discussed in that tutorial with some value (which I can't recall). But somehow, I can't seem to make it happen in Windows 10.

Some of the values I've tried are: 10, 52,54, 55, 58 and a few more.

Please suggest a suitable value/method to make it happen in my Windows 10.

Ten64BitUser, Nov 3, 2020
  3. taskbar button icon width

I found in seven forum a solution from Brink about this
    Code:
    Code:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/21233-taskbar-change-icon-button-width-size.html
    Is it working that?

How can I reduce the taskbar button icon width?

OliverPedro, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I reduce the width of the taskbar buttons while they're never combined? - Similar Threads - reduce width taskbar

2. never combine taskbar buttons on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    never combine taskbar buttons on Windows 11: - is there any fix from microsoft about the "never combine taskbar buttons" on Windows 11?- laptop upgrade to Windows 11 22H2, but still not seeing this feature...
  3. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  4. windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 - Combine Taskbar Buttons => never combine mode: Hello,I have version :Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎6/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22621.1848 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Please let me know on which version is the "never combine mode" available?I just changed my PC and windows...
  5. How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11?: Hi all,How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11? I don't think we have an option for this and this is number 1 thing that I don't like about the W11.I only found an extra app to do this, if you have any other ideas, please share.Thank you....
  6. How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11?

How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11?: Hi all,How can I enable the "never combine taskbar buttons" in Windows 11? I don't think we have an option for this and this is number 1 thing that I don't like about the W11.I only found an extra app to do this, if you have any other ideas, please share.Thank you....
  7. never combine taskbar buttons windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    never combine taskbar buttons windows 11: when will the "never combine taskbar buttons" be re-instated in windows 11 - the process of copying data particularly within the office suite of products is ridiculous in the current format !!!!...
  8. never combine taskbar buttons windows 11

never combine taskbar buttons windows 11: when will the "never combine taskbar buttons" be re-instated in windows 11 - the process of copying data particularly within the office suite of products is ridiculous in the current format !!!!...
  9. "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11

"never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11: there doesn't appear to be an option to "never combine taskbar buttons" in windows 11, where can i find it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-combine-taskbar-buttons-in-windows-11/856279f9-7abf-453c-81e4-0c7c147efef0
  10. How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce width of the taskbar buttons?: Hello, This is in reference to this tutorial. What I want to do is to reduce the width of the taskbar buttons even further...that is, even shorter width than what's shown as size 38 in that tutorial. I want the buttons in my taskbar to show their respective icons along...