Windows 10: how can I reformat my operating system drive

Discus and support how can I reformat my operating system drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I reformat my operating system drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kocwilli, Jul 16, 2018.

1. kocwilli Win User

how can I reformat my operating system drive

How can I reformat my operating system drive

:)

kocwilli, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jul 16, 2018
  4. how can I reformat my operating system drive

Reformatting my hard drive

I upgraded my operating system from windows 8.1 to windows 10 about a month ago. I bought a new computer and want to reformat the hard drive and give the old computer to a family member. My question is when I reformat the hard drive, will I have windows
    8.1 or windows 10 as the operating system on the computer once it is reformatted?

TD from MA, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

how can I reformat my operating system drive

1. how can I reformat my operating system drive - Similar Threads - reformat operating system

2. How do I move my operating system to another disk drive so I can use the current drive on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my operating system to another disk drive so I can use the current drive on a...: How do I move my operating system to another disk drive so I can use the current drive on a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-my-operating-system-to-another-disk/b84dc5c0-1a1b-4078-9e85-a65a937c0759
  3. Can I encrypt operating system drive AND fixed drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I encrypt operating system drive AND fixed drives?: So I recently, turned on BitLocker on an operating system drive and I am wondering if I can encrypt an operating system drive AND a fixed drive? with BitLocker...
  4. Can I encrypt operating system drive AND fixed drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I encrypt operating system drive AND fixed drives?: So I recently, turned on BitLocker on an operating system drive and I am wondering if I can encrypt an operating system drive AND a fixed drive? with BitLocker...
  5. How can I only backup the operating system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I only backup the operating system: I don't need file backup and it is just too big for my external hard disk- I'd like to keep a previous backup until the new one is successful created. 182317
  6. how do I reformat my hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reformat my hard drive: how do I reformat my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reformat-my-hard-drive/4479e82f-cbe9-4340-835e-de55c7252676
  7. How do I reformat the Hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I reformat the Hard drive?: I want reformat the hard drive on an old Laptop I can't seem to be able to get anywhere the boot will not recognize the CD drive nor a external floppy. I am trying to permanently remove Win 10....
  8. How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac: how can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my imac * Original title: os systems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-switch-between-windows-10-operating/6e7c2d02-d3d4-4ccf-953a-d584ecfa4655
  9. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...
  10. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...