Windows 10: How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded?

Discus and support How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm planning on refreshing my PC because the problem here can't be solved. And now I've read an article that you need to insert the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015.

1. iamDevlin Win User

How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded?

I'm planning on refreshing my PC because the problem here can't be solved.

And now I've read an article that you need to insert the installation media. How can I do this when I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the Windows Update?

Thanks in advance.

:)

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015

2. How can i reset my windows phone to how it was when i bought it, cause i format it to my memory card?

Are you able to use another sd card later if this is done?

GTechQuest, Dec 23, 2015
  3. How can i reset my windows phone to how it was when i bought it, cause i format it to my memory card?

The
    Samsung Focus user manual
    tells you how to permanently remove an SD card. Quoting from the user manual:

"To permanently remove a microSD card from a Windows Phone 7 device, follow these instructions:

• Press & hold the power key to power off the phone, if necessary, and open the battery cover
    • Remove the microSD card from the SD slot located on the device
    • Power up the device by pressing the Camera key, Volume down key, and Power key. When the device vibrates, release the Power key, but continue pressing the Camera and Volume down keys. Once the device displays the Are you sure you want to format? screen,
      release the Camera and Volume down keys.
    • Press the Window key to Format the device
    • Press the Window key again to confirm that you want to format the device
    • After formatting is complete, the Start-up Wizard screen is displayed.
    • After start-up is complete, from the Home screen, go to settings > about to verify that available memory has been updated.
    Some things to take note of:

• Once removed, this microSD card is not readable or writable on other devices such as computers, cameras, printers, and so on.
    • Formatting erases all user data stored on the device.
    • Do not remove the battery while formatting the phone. Wait until the device switches on and displays the Home screen."

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 23, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. iamDevlin Win User
    Do I need to activate again with that?

PS: I don't have a USB and a disc, nor a cd/dvd rom.

BTW, can you look over my problem and try to see how I can solve it? Cause I really do not want to refresh my PC.

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    the media download is in ISO format...
    download the ISO and then double-click to Mount the ISO file..
    the run setup.exe...

That will rewrite windows - and allow keeping your files and programs

7. davidhk Win User
    Consider this as an alternative .......
    Start button > left side, Settings > Update & Security > left side, Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click the Get started button.

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  8. iamDevlin Win User

Doesn't this remove everything?
    EDIT: I'll see to this later. If ever my problem will never be fixed.

iamDevlin, Dec 23, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Devlin, *Smile

Usually you do not need installation media while refreshing Windows 10. You will only be prompted to insert your Windows Installation or recovery media at step 6 in the tutorial below if Windows cannot find your default Windows image or the image is corrupted. The Windows image is installed along with Windows 10 by default.

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Dec 23, 2015
  10. iamDevlin Win User
    Yes. I just did it. I thought it was like the previous windows. Too bad I need to install the drivers again.

Thanks anyhow.

iamDevlin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded? - Similar Threads - refresh was upgraded

2. how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10: i tried some methods getting my product key but evertime i get an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-my-windows-and-upgrade-it-to/0d7e8d70-7f25-4505-aafd-1acce3702af6
  3. how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i activate my windows and upgrade it to windows 10: i tried some methods getting my product key but evertime i get an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-my-windows-and-upgrade-it-to/0d7e8d70-7f25-4505-aafd-1acce3702af6
  4. Can just the processor be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can just the processor be upgraded: If processor not compatible for Windows 11, does it require a whole new mother board or can just the processor be upgraded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-just-the-processor-be-upgraded/ca8b67d7-31e1-4e9a-8962-f41b948377b6
  5. How can I lower my lpatops refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I lower my lpatops refresh rate: I have only one options for my refresh rate , is there a way I can lower it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-lower-my-lpatops-refresh-rate/48b47b16-359d-40d9-bb69-699ed8e0bd55
  6. can i upgrade my windows 10 home to windows 11. If I can then how??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i upgrade my windows 10 home to windows 11. If I can then how??: I am currently using windows 10 can i upgrade it to windows 11 for free and if yes then will i receive an update or I have to do it by my self . and if i will am reciving windows 11 update then when will i recived it??...
  7. How can I upgrade to windows 10?

How can I upgrade to windows 10?: Im on a refurbished laptop. Use to have windows 7. Since its out of support now how can I upload to windows 10? I dont have the windows product key since its refurbished....
  8. How can I upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 10?

How can I upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 10?: Please, help me to upgrade my Windows 8 to Windows 10. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-windows-8-to-windows-10/585889b0-cdb6-44f5-9e99-5b819f12ca0a
  9. How can I get my programs back after refreshing Windows 10??

How can I get my programs back after refreshing Windows 10??: I "refreshed" my Windows 10 assuming I'd maintain all my loaded programs including Office and other important programs.....all gone!...
  10. Can I just reserve win 10 but not upgrade it ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I just reserve win 10 but not upgrade it ?: Hi What happens if I reserved a copy of windows 10 but I don't want to upgrade it ? To make a story short, I have 2 PCs with windows 7. Both PC had reserved win 10 but I cannot upgrade it because the hardware was too obsolete and win 10 doesn't have drivers for those...