Windows 10: How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches?

Discus and support How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost control over any and all quick launch links on my desk top. Receive this error message followed by the path of the link path itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Scott Ziz, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Scott Ziz Win User

How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches?

I have lost control over any and all quick launch links on my desk top. Receive this error message followed by the path of the link path itself.

Windows can not access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

So I tried right clicking on the chrome link from it's file in Adminstation mode and it opened.

Ex: Can not access menus through Start Up Menu link lower left corner of screen, nor the search function next to it.

Any and all links on my desktop do not work.

Any and all search windows do not work.

What am I looking at here?

:)

Scott Ziz, Mar 17, 2021

2. quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 17, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Mar 17, 2021
  4. How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches?

Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches?

1. How can I regain control over all quick launch links, including start menu and searches? - Similar Threads - regain control quick

2. How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...: When I click on the search box in the Windows 11 start menu, I get a wealth of distracting and mostly irrelevant items shown.Is there a way to get rid of this?I want a clean search box and nothing else.I have already disabled the search options in Settings => Personalizations...
  3. How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove "Quick Searches", "Top apps" and "Suggested" from windows 11 start menu...: When I click on the search box in the Windows 11 start menu, I get a wealth of distracting and mostly irrelevant items shown.Is there a way to get rid of this?I want a clean search box and nothing else.I have already disabled the search options in Settings => Personalizations...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  5. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  6. How to regain control of computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to regain control of computer: Updated and restored my computer and not I have no access to do anything, I cant open CMD prompt with admin I get check spelling error code. When trying to download a program I get a not valid short file name....
  7. Search launches with start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search launches with start menu: [ATTACH] After updating windows, every time I press the windows button, the search function also pops up. I tried killing it with the task manager but that doesn't fix it. Please help!...
  8. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  9. Links do not appear in start menu search

in Cortana
    Links do not appear in start menu search: I used to type the start menu entries as shortcut to open them. Windows just opened the search and offered me the right item. This does not work anymore (as it used to) The problem seems to be only with start menu entries (who are .lnk files), though it does offer me...
  10. Start Menu and Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Quick Launch: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 today, however the start menu will not open, and only certain items work when I right click on the windows icon. Also, the quick launch icons on the task bar do not work, and won't even let me right click them. Any help would be MASSIVELY...