Windows 10: How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store

Discus and support How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! So on my school computer the calendar app is starting to crash whenever I try to add a new event. It has previosly been yelling at me to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LelandKilborn, Nov 3, 2020.

1. How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store

Hey! So on my school computer the calendar app is starting to crash whenever I try to add a new event. It has previosly been yelling at me to update the app, but when i look up the app on the app store it doesnt find it since its not in my county apps, and when I access it via the downloads tab and click the update button, it just doesnt do anything. I also dont have access to the settings, action menu, or command prompt. I do, however, have non admin access to the powershell. Do you have any idea how I can fix it?

:)

LelandKilborn, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 3, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store

1. How can I reinstall Calendar app without the app store - Similar Threads - reinstall Calendar app

2. How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?: Microsoft apps doesn't offer my banking app. How can I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-apps-that-arent-in-the-apps-store/1a842167-fd60-4627-a54a-eaed2593f0e7
  3. How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get apps that aren't in the apps store?: Microsoft apps doesn't offer my banking app. How can I install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-apps-that-arent-in-the-apps-store/1a842167-fd60-4627-a54a-eaed2593f0e7
  4. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  5. how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.

how can i reinstall windows without losing apps and downloads.: so i have an issue and im going to need to reinstall windows, but how can i do so without losing my files AND apps, i tried doing so but there wasnt any choice to not lose my apps, im also im not sure how can i back up my apps, how can i do it?...
  6. no windows app store, how to reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    no windows app store, how to reinstall: when I do the reinstall thing on power admin, it does not work, and when on cmd admin, it says 'Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. can someone help me, and even when I restart the computer tablet after the...
  7. can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i reinstall a microsoft store app without deleting it?: i want to reinstall an app which is quite large in size like 5gb..if i uninstall and then install from the store..i'll have to redownload it..is there a way i can reinstall it without deleting its data so i dont have to download it again..if there isnt, dont you think there...
  8. Mail and Calendar App not reinstalling

Mail and Calendar App not reinstalling: Hi, Recently, my Mail and Calendar app that came pre-installed on my Surface Pro computer stopped working. I would click on it and nothing would open. I have had this happen previously with other apps its only just started happening and I'm not sure why and to fix the...
  9. How to reinstall Windows Store apps after Win10 reset without download

How to reinstall Windows Store apps after Win10 reset without download: Good Morning/afternoon everyone I recently did a factory reset of my system, because of some file explorer issue (that particular issue by the way appears quite regularly on multiple computers, ie opening File Explorer takes forever - like 1min or so - and I get errors when...
  10. How to reinstall appxpackage sticky note & photo gallery without app store?

How to reinstall appxpackage sticky note & photo gallery without app store?: Hello, Due to my office pc, I have to remove unecessary bloatware of windows 10 pro to restrict my users using it. I did use the command below to remove all appxpackges. Get-appxpackage ** | remove-appxpackage how do I install the windows 10 STICKY NOTES & PHOTO GALLERY...