Windows 10: How can I reinstall my display adapter?

Discus and support How can I reinstall my display adapter? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I accidentally uninstalled my display adapter and I don't know how to install it back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HelpMeWindows10Community, Oct 31, 2020.

1. How can I reinstall my display adapter?

I accidentally uninstalled my display adapter and I don't know how to install it back.

:)

HelpMeWindows10Community, Oct 31, 2020

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 31, 2020
  4. How can I reinstall my display adapter?

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

How can I reinstall my display adapter?

1. How can I reinstall my display adapter? - Similar Threads - reinstall display adapter

2. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  3. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  4. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can i change my display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my display adapter?: I have 2 GPU's , one is integrated and one is dedicated, i would like to use my dedicated gpu as my display adapter as the intel one is a bit laggy. Is there any way to change it?Thanks!...
  6. How can i change my display adapter?

How can i change my display adapter?: I have 2 GPU's , one is integrated and one is dedicated, i would like to use my dedicated gpu as my display adapter as the intel one is a bit laggy. Is there any way to change it?Thanks!...
  7. How can i change my display adapter?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Old display adapter constantly reinstalls

Old display adapter constantly reinstalls: I got a knew gtx 1650 to replace my integrated vega 11 graphics, but after uninstalling vega 11 display drivers it constantly reinstalls after I restart I tried using DDU in safe mode too....
  9. How can I reinstall my display adapter from device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I reinstall my display adapter from device manager?: I accidently deleted it, and now I don't know how to install it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-my-display-adapter-from-device/a5ce58fc-6d65-41fe-85d1-ff9f23f2d551
  10. How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable adaptive brightness on my display?: I have read some other posts suggesting the existence of a "brightness slider" in display settings, and an "adaptive brightness" setting under power options; neither of those exist for my machine. I am on a standard desktop PC, using a Dell AW2518HF display. This is...