Windows 10: How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!

Discus and support How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 8yr. old Dell Inspiron 14R N4010 pre-installed Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-bit OA Laptop Hard Drive With Upgraded Windows 10 died w/no backup. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TB techie, Jan 18, 2019.

1. TB techie Win User

How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!

My 8yr. old Dell Inspiron 14R N4010 pre-installed Windows 7 Home Prem. 64-bit OA Laptop Hard Drive With Upgraded Windows 10 died w/no backup. How can I reinstall it with no os media? I tried to get the media from Dell won't help me because it's out warranty and to old! They want me to buy new! I don't need and/or want NEW! I replace hard drive and I've tried every thing, but I can not get it to bootup and it is not a hardware problem other than possible drivers issue!

:)

TB techie, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with this media

I have attempted these steps, however, when I click on Troubleshoot, I do not see an option to reinstall windows 10 with my media.

Plasmawario, Jan 18, 2019
  4. How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media!

1. How can I reinstall Windows 10 with no os media! - Similar Threads - reinstall media

2. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  3. how to reinstall music to my windows media player library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall music to my windows media player library: I have lost a lot of music from my windows media player old rock & roll , they are listed, but a dialog box appears and says files lost or missing from library. question: if they are listed, why can't I play them? there is a lot of great R&R I am missing...
  4. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  5. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  6. The Link for "Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media" is not working. Is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Link for "Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media" is not working. Is there a...: Our office computer won't load Windows 11 anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-link-for-reinstall-windows-11-using/4cc2e804-63bb-44a5-a332-8e36534e3d85
  7. The Link for "Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media" is not working. Is there a...

The Link for "Reinstall Windows 11 using installation media" is not working. Is there a...: Our office computer won't load Windows 11 anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-link-for-reinstall-windows-11-using/4cc2e804-63bb-44a5-a332-8e36534e3d85
  8. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....
  9. does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does reinstall windows 11 from the cloud is as clean as reinstall from media device USB: Im really obsessed with cleaning my system to get the maximum performance as im having poor device, so i would like to ask if reinstall windows 11 from the cloud left more remnants compare to manually reinstall windows 11 by media devices like USB....
  10. how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change recovery media from local reinstall to cloud?: When I wanted to reset my PC I picked local reinstall and now it asks for a recovery media. How can I change it to cloud download as this window doesn't appear anymore? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how reinstall windows no media