Windows 10: HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY

Discus and support HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear community, Please how can I remove a device permanently from my Microsoft account, whenever I remove the device, it will come back after some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdedotunBello, May 31, 2020.

1. HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY

Dear community,

Please how can I remove a device permanently from my Microsoft account, whenever I remove the device, it will come back after some days. The device is conflicting with my new device.

Kind Regards.

:)

AdedotunBello, May 31, 2020

2. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, May 31, 2020
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 31, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 31, 2020
Thema:

HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY

1. HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY - Similar Threads - REMOVE DEVICE ACCOUT

2. Remove device from Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove device from Microsoft accout: Hi,I have a dead laptop and need to send it back to the manufacturer for replacement. But I have my Microsoft login on that laptop and one drive set up with some "offline available" documents as well. I want to make sure that no one can access my files if the laptop is...
  3. Remove device from Microsoft accout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove device from Microsoft accout: Hi,I have a dead laptop and need to send it back to the manufacturer for replacement. But I have my Microsoft login on that laptop and one drive set up with some "offline available" documents as well. I want to make sure that no one can access my files if the laptop is...
  4. remove old school accout

remove old school accout: hello, i have the same issue as the this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-old-workplace-account/c9d41862-a221-4203-a6c2-7ee971734e22but one of your supporters ansewr was to just go ahead and do remove it. the problem is that i cant do that....
  5. remove old school accout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove old school accout: hello, i have the same issue as the this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-old-workplace-account/c9d41862-a221-4203-a6c2-7ee971734e22but one of your supporters ansewr was to just go ahead and do remove it. the problem is that i cant do that....
  6. How can I remove a device from one drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove a device from one drive: Today around 2pm I was uploading some files to one drive when I saw a notification saying some of these files that were uploaded have been permanently deleted I was shocked because my one drive had my most important documents. I have a feeling that some other device has...
  7. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  8. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account: At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions: If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it: Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in,...
  9. How can i remove Idle Buddy permanently?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i remove Idle Buddy permanently?: My PC is stuck with this spyware called Idle Buddy and I can't figure out how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-idle-buddy-permanently/09e278bd-36f5-4371-ba96-3479214ded3a
  10. How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?: Can't believe it. Thanks so much! *Smile You are quite welcome*Smile