Windows 10: How can I remove a device from one drive

Discus and support How can I remove a device from one drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today around 2pm I was uploading some files to one drive when I saw a notification saying some of these files that were uploaded have been permanently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rivith Uyangoda, Nov 18, 2020.

1. How can I remove a device from one drive

Today around 2pm I was uploading some files to one drive when I saw a notification saying some of these files that were uploaded have been permanently deleted I was shocked because my one drive had my most important documents. I have a feeling that some other device has accessed my drive I want to remove it but how do you remove one. This is very important because the files in my drive means a lot.

:)

Rivith Uyangoda, Nov 18, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 18, 2020
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. How can I remove a device from one drive

How to remove unused bluetooth phones from devices and drives in This Pc in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Click on the ‘Start Button’.
    • In the search box, type ‘Devices and Printers and press
      enter.
    • Now select the device which you want to remove.
    • Once you select the device on the top of the page you'll get an option 'Remove the Device'. Click on that.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

How can I remove a device from one drive

1. How can I remove a device from one drive - Similar Threads - remove device drive

2. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive: I am looking to remove synced folders from one drive. I don't understand why there isn't just an 'unsync' option where the folder and all content inside of it is removed locally. This is a very frustrating aspect of One Drive. What I am looking to do:I sync folders with other...
  3. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive: I am looking to remove synced folders from one drive. I don't understand why there isn't just an 'unsync' option where the folder and all content inside of it is removed locally. This is a very frustrating aspect of One Drive. What I am looking to do:I sync folders with other...
  4. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I remove one drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove one drive?: I have legit just re-imaged my system, meaning wiped the hard drive, used installation media to reinstall windows etc etc when I was etting it up i explicitly asked windows when i got the opportunity through one of the many prompts that comes up through the installation...
  6. How do I remove an adult administrator from one device?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove an adult administrator from one device?: How do I remove an adult administrator from one device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-adult-administrator-from-one/90cfebe9-d2e7-48bc-8aec-18e269e131ef
  7. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  8. How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove built-in DVD drive from 'Devices and Drives'?: My Dell 4650 has a built-in CD/DVD drive that works just fine, but the computer is on a shelf under a desk and facing the wrong way, so using the drive is awkward. So I bought a Toshiba 'external' drive that connects with a USB cable, and it works just as well and can be...
  9. How can I remove one drive from navigation pane of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I remove one drive from navigation pane of file explorer?: I have two one drives on my laptop (Windows Pro 10 64 bit). I deleted one account (one drive-Leverage Proactive Deliverable) from my laptop, but it still appears on navigation pane of file explorer. How can I remove it from navigation pane of file explorer? I follow on...
  10. how do i remove one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove one drive: Hi there. im looking for some help .i had one drive installed (i will never again in my life ever use!!!) it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like . so i deiceded to delete this on doing so it left the one drive folder on my computer . now this really...