Windows 10: How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop)

Discus and support How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I remove a disconnected device (laptop) from my list of Microsoft devices. There are not option to remove/delete it and it is showing as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuchoVega, Oct 18, 2018.

1. LuchoVega Win User

How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop)

How can I remove a disconnected device (laptop) from my list of Microsoft devices.

There are not option to remove/delete it and it is showing as pending updates.

Kind Regards,

Luis

:)

LuchoVega, Oct 18, 2018

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Oct 18, 2018
  3. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 18, 2018
  4. How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop)

Device disconnect beep repeats in windows 10

Hi Andi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you get the device disconnected sound? If so, can you provide us the exact error message?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • Are there any devices connected to your computer?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Click and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.
    We also recommend that you check all the cables connected to your computer if it is properly plugged in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop)

1. How can i remove a disconnected device (laptop) - Similar Threads - remove disconnected device

2. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  3. Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices FAIL to remove and randomly disconnect.: Hi,I recently changed my motherboard from a b550 from a prebuilt to a rog strix b550f. Absolutely everything works flawlessly and booted with no errors of any kind however windows has an issue with Bluetooth devices. I have tried two different wireless cards and the problem...
  4. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I safely stop/remove device?!: My Windows 10 pc went into partial sleep mode when my external HDD was plugged into a USB port. When I woke it back up, and clicked icon to safely remove, got error message saying device isn't recognized. How can I safely stop and remove the device now?...
  5. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I safely stop/remove device?!: My Windows 10 pc went into partial sleep mode when my external HDD was plugged into a USB port. When I woke it back up, and clicked icon to safely remove, got error message saying device isn't recognized. How can I safely stop and remove the device now?...
  6. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  8. How can I remove a device from one drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove a device from one drive: Today around 2pm I was uploading some files to one drive when I saw a notification saying some of these files that were uploaded have been permanently deleted I was shocked because my one drive had my most important documents. I have a feeling that some other device has...
  9. How can I remove Windows.old from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I remove Windows.old from laptop: I can remove windows.old from laptop. Can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-windowsold-from-laptop/6055453f-192a-4004-8fc8-cf4fce75fafc"
  10. Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device: Hi, I recently had to change my motherboard, which went without any problems (from Z170 to Z270). I just updated the intel drivers and had to re-activate Windows and that's all. However, the onboard LAN on the new board didn't replace the old one (both being integrated Intel...