Windows 10: How can I remove a family member account?

Discus and support How can I remove a family member account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am unable to remove family member account even though I am the account administrator. No "Remove" button appears on the screen.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SuzieBrown1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. How can I remove a family member account?

I am unable to remove family member account even though I am the account administrator. No "Remove" button appears on the screen.

:)

SuzieBrown1, Aug 10, 2019

2. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Aug 10, 2019
  3. guille md Win User
    Remove family member account not successful

Hello everyone,

I have tried to remove a family member account that I opened by mistake by following the steps I read here:

1. Login the parent account at https://fss.live.com.

2. In the Family Summary, click Remove a family member.

3. Check your account with issue and click Remove.

The problem now is that I dont see anymore the family member account on that website, but on my PC, when I start it, it still appears...

Help would be much appreciated

guille md, Aug 10, 2019
  4. How can I remove a family member account?

Remove family member account not successful

Hi,

To make sure that you were able to remove the family member in your Family Safety
    account, we suggest that you contact our
    AnswerDesk
    so they can check your account.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

How can I remove a family member account?

1. How can I remove a family member account? - Similar Threads - remove family member

2. Cannot remove family member from Windows10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove family member from Windows10: By mistake a did but my Microsoft account as a family member on windows and now I can't remove it from the users. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-family-member-from-windows10/d32beb61-4b30-4b6a-8e1f-9d8512608066"
  3. Family members deleted

Family members deleted: I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks. [Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means...
  4. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  5. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...
  6. Removing Microsoft Family Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Microsoft Family Account: I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove. A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix. "We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft...
  7. How can I remove old microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove old microsoft accounts?: How can I remove old microsoft accounts? I don't know how many I have. Some have @live.com, or hotmail.com etc.. Is there some place that lists all of them and lets me manage (remove ones no longer needed). Thanks * Moved from Insider...
  8. Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts: I spent time today adding my son to the Windows 10 Family settings, and when we tried to access his account we learned that all his game settings, skins, standings, etc are all somehow connected to the main administrator account? He can't even access the Steam program or...
  9. Creation of a local account as a family member

Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...