Windows 10: How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?

Discus and support How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple OneDrive folders, and the irony annoys me. One of these OneDrive accounts is from an organisation that I no longer work for.I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindsayFowler, Aug 23, 2021.

1. How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?

I have multiple OneDrive folders, and the irony annoys me. One of these OneDrive accounts is from an organisation that I no longer work for.I want to remove the unused OneDrive folder shortcuts from Windows Explorer but they persist no matter what.I have tried:Unlinking the account via OneDrive app in the system tray account unlinked but folder still there.Opening OneDrive from the Windows menu - no options though, just a useless blue window with no menus.Right clicking the folder in Windows Explorer no delete optionUninstalling OneDrive no help the shortcut remainsFinding the location o

:)

LindsayFowler, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 23, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?

Two OneDrive accounts question

In a small office we are in the process of renewing the main PC and have a query about OneDrive account.
    I did not realise that the older pc which is running Windows7 had a OneDrive folder and has Office Home and Student installed, the ISP IMAP email account is used to sign in to OneDrive 5Gb free account.

On the new pc running Windows 10 Pro and Office365 Personal with 1Tb OneDrive storage, this pc also has a OneDrive folder which is attached to the Microsoft Outlook.com Office 365 Personal account.

We will be transferring all data from old pc to new pc so my
    Questions are;

1. Can we keep the two OneDrive accounts? (With different sign in credentials)
    2. Which account would automatically use the OneDrive folder on the new pc?
    3. I assume that the best option would be to upload the data from the old pc OneDrive account folder to the new pc OneDrive account folder so that all OneDrive data is in the same account and OneDrive folder on the new pc. I am correct?

scopio, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account?

1. How can I remove a OneDrive folder from an old account? - Similar Threads - remove OneDrive folder

2. How can I keep onedrive from associating me with an old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I keep onedrive from associating me with an old account: I Have maleware that immediately installs on a fresh and wiped install of Windows. I created a new Microsoft account but as soon as I get online, onedrive associates me with my old account and the shows starts. How can I keep my old tainted Onedrive account from associating...
  3. How can I keep onedrive from associating me with an old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I keep onedrive from associating me with an old account: I Have maleware that immediately installs on a fresh and wiped install of Windows. I created a new Microsoft account but as soon as I get online, onedrive associates me with my old account and the shows starts. How can I keep my old tainted Onedrive account from associating...
  4. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  5. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  6. How to remove OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  7. How to remove OneDrive folders

How to remove OneDrive folders: Good day,I used to access Onedrive folder of a previous company I worked for.I do no longer work for this company.I did not find how to delete the related folder.Each time I reboot, the system tries to access it.Thank you...
  8. Remove folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove folders from OneDrive: Windows 10 - Latest version. I am aware that I can remove folders from OneDrive by removing them from the on-line view. However I read in various places that deleting a folder from OneDrive deletes it from my computer. This seems such an extraordinary thing to do I think I...
  9. How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?: Hello! I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after the first login I noticed that every file in the Document folder is automatically synched to Onedrive. I'd like to keep a Onedrive folder and a separate Documents and Pictures folder. How can I accomplish this? Thank...
  10. How can I remove old microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove old microsoft accounts?: How can I remove old microsoft accounts? I don't know how many I have. Some have @live.com, or hotmail.com etc.. Is there some place that lists all of them and lets me manage (remove ones no longer needed). Thanks * Moved from Insider...