Windows 10: How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.

Discus and support How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the idea of a little pop-up widget menu with weather, traffic, sports scores, stocks, etc that I choose but I do not like and will not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger Roger lol, Jun 11, 2021.

1. How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.

I like the idea of a little pop-up widget menu with weather, traffic, sports scores, stocks, etc that I choose but I do not like and will not have generated links to stories across the web. It makes my computer feel like it's not mine having bloat/clickbait/unwanted news stories there. Is there a setting to remove the generated news and have the weather bar and only widgets I choose? Please note that changing my interests or marking stories as don't show is not acceptable as it does not resolve the issue.I have News and Interest removed from my task bar but I would love to have it back without

:)

Roger Roger lol, Jun 11, 2021

2. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading my laptop with an SSD this weekend. No real issues except for News. The program seems to open normally, but consistently freezes whenever I select any story to read.

1. Updated News from Store

2. Uninstalled from Apps and Installed new from Store

3. Reset From Apps

4. Reset ALL apps from Powershell

5. Reset only News from Powershell (Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingNews | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose})

Still, when I select a story the app freezes. The window closes normally, but there seems to be no activity if you look at the app in task manager (no CPU or Disk usage etc.) but it does not list it as "Not responding".

A bit stumped here. Has anyone seen this?

DwayneHall, Jun 11, 2021
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2021
  4. How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.

Windows Quick Search - remove "Top News" stories

Hi Elise,

Thanks again for the reply. Yes, I've already played around in that area, trying various settings to get rid of the "Top news" stories. But it has not worked.

Maybe someone else can help? Or, Elise, do you know of specific steps I can take?

Again, I think it is pretty ridiculous that these "news" sources are automatically popping up without my permission. There should be an easy way to disable them OR at least let me change them to my own personal preferences.

Thanks,

Chris

candastanfield, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.

1. How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar. - Similar Threads - remove News stories

2. Remove News and Interests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove News and Interests: I want to remove ALL news and interests from the Windows 11 weather widget. I don't want to see any of it. Absolutely nothing. I do not care. I spent a long time blocking everything just for it to not save my selections. All I want is the temperature to show....
  3. Remove News and Interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove News and Interests: I want to remove ALL news and interests from the Windows 11 weather widget. I don't want to see any of it. Absolutely nothing. I do not care. I spent a long time blocking everything just for it to not save my selections. All I want is the temperature to show....
  4. How to remove the news and interests section?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the news and interests section?: To whom it may concern,How do I remove the news and interests section on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-news-and-interests-section/5ad37fb1-ebe1-430e-a4d5-13421cde47d2
  5. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  8. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?: Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :...
  9. News and Interests not loading

News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  10. News and interests keep loading

News and interests keep loading: I recently updated my Windows 10 from insider dev program to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 rs_prerelease and got new News and section toolbar on taskbar. Although feature is available but whenever I hover my cursor over it or click iteven double click it keeps on...