Windows 10: How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

Discus and support How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a "WORK" Microsoft Account in use on my personal Laptop in addition to personal ones.Now no longer with that company, BUT CANNOT REMOVE THE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike Wiggill, May 24, 2023.

1. How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

I had a "WORK" Microsoft Account in use on my personal Laptop in addition to personal ones.Now no longer with that company, BUT CANNOT REMOVE THE ACCOUNT!I cannot log in to it as rights removed, and only get a "Manage" option in settings no remove option.It is causing issues as a Window pops up at various times asking me to log into this work account.Short of backing up all may data and doing a fresh install of Windows 10, how do I get this account off of my laptop?

:)

Mike Wiggill, May 24, 2023

2. How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?

It is not listed under work & school so I can't use that to disconnect.

Under email & accounts, I can select manage, and then I select to remove this account from your device, but then it just gets stuck loading and never actually removes the account.

I no longer have access to this account as it was an old work account.

Please help me find another way to remove this account from my device.

marwasafa32, May 24, 2023
  3. Remove an old work account.

Hi Eric,

If the "Lists" app is not installed on your laptop, it is possible that the notification you are receiving is coming from a different source. One possibility is that the notification is coming from the Microsoft Edge browser, which may be trying to access the "Lists" app on the web.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

> Open Microsoft Edge browser on your laptop.

> Click on the three dots on the top right-hand side of the screen.

> Go to Settings and click on "Profiles."

> Check if your old work account is listed under "Profiles."

> If it is, click on the three dots next to the account and select "Remove."

Once you have removed your old work account from the Microsoft Edge browser, you should stop receiving notifications to authenticate with it.

I hope this solution helps you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., May 24, 2023
  4. How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

Remove an old work account.

Hi Eric, I'm John D, and I am happy to help you with this.

I understand how frustrating it can be to keep receiving notifications to authenticate for Microsoft "Lists" with your old work account, especially since you left your previous company over a year ago.

Based on the information you have shared with me, it appears that your old work account is still linked to the Microsoft "Lists" app. In order to remove this account and stop receiving these notifications, you can try the following steps:

> Open the Microsoft "Lists" app on your laptop.

> Click on the profile icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.

> Select "Sign out" from the dropdown menu.

> If prompted, enter your old work account details and sign out.

> Once you have signed out, close the app and reopen it.

> Sign in to the app with your current Microsoft account linked to your family subscription.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove your old work account from the Microsoft "Lists" app and stop receiving notifications to authenticate with it.

I hope this solution helps you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

John D.

Independent Advisor

John Jefferson D., May 24, 2023
Thema:

How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

1. How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to. - Similar Threads - remove OLD Account

2. How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.: I had a "WORK" Microsoft Account in use on my personal Laptop in addition to personal ones.Now no longer with that company, BUT CANNOT REMOVE THE ACCOUNT!I cannot log in to it as rights removed, and only get a "Manage" option in settings no remove option.It is causing issues...
  3. How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove an OLD Work Account I no longer have access to.: I had a "WORK" Microsoft Account in use on my personal Laptop in addition to personal ones.Now no longer with that company, BUT CANNOT REMOVE THE ACCOUNT!I cannot log in to it as rights removed, and only get a "Manage" option in settings no remove option.It is causing issues...
  4. How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?: It is not listed under work & school so I can't use that to disconnect.Under email & accounts, I can select manage, and then I select to remove this account from your device, but then it just gets stuck loading and never actually removes the account. I no longer have access...
  5. How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an old work account I no longer have access to in Windows 11?: It is not listed under work & school so I can't use that to disconnect.Under email & accounts, I can select manage, and then I select to remove this account from your device, but then it just gets stuck loading and never actually removes the account. I no longer have access...
  6. Unable to remove work account that I can access no longer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove work account that I can access no longer: Hello I am currently an intern, and I interned last summer as well. I am facing issues when trying to setup my work account on my personal laptop. So basically my alias and email address is different to what I had previously and I believe that, that account has been...
  7. Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account that I no longer have access to: Hello, I used to have a Microsoft Office Account through my old job. In order to be able to access it as needed, I had added it as an account on my home PC for when I worked from home. However, I left his job at the beginning of the year, and the company obviously...
  8. How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Microsoft account I no longer have access to?: So I've been getting this error/alert message for some time now which says there may be a problem with my accounts. So I click it and it takes me to the Email & accounts setting page. And under Accounts used by other apps, there is my Gmail account which is my primary MS...
  9. Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft Account I no longer have access to: I've recently been getting error messages about an old school account that I had set up. The messages were about needing to update the password, but I don't use the account anymore and just wanted to delete it. The problem is that I no longer attend that school. My previous...
  10. Removing account I no longer have access to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account I no longer have access to: I have a question regarding a work/school email address. I quit my job two days ago. Today, I was trying to remove that account from my Windows 10 mail app. Since my workplace removed my login access before I quit, I am not able to log in to my account to remove the account...