Windows 10: How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?

Discus and support How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short, I cloned my old SSD (Disk 1) into a new m.2 (Disk 0). Is GPT the right way to go ? Or MBR ? But now I have ended up with a 1.76gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chiggah, Dec 17, 2019.

1. chiggah Win User

How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?

Long story short, I cloned my old SSD (Disk 1) into a new m.2 (Disk 0). Is GPT the right way to go ? Or MBR ?

But now I have ended up with a 1.76gb primary partition

I tried deleting it , and also extending my active one, but won't do anything

How can I get rid of this ? I normally prefer one drive without any partitions.

Also, now I have a F: drive which I suspect is the EFI System Partition (Disk 0). How can I remove that ?
    How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ? [​IMG]

:)

chiggah, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Melwin Win User

Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ?

In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive C and D but I have another partition that I do not use and it take a

lot of space.

Partition 1 is recovery partition
    Partition 2 is EFI system partion
    Partition 5 is recovery partition

Melwin, Dec 17, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 17, 2019
  4. How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?

merge primary partitions

Hi NorthernTiger

The OS partition containing Windows 7 likely has boot information for Windows 10 on it, so, you can't just delete it.

Your option is to use a third party partitioning tool such as Easeus Todo Partition Home free.

Launch it and use it to delete both partitions.

I would recommend creating a recovery drive before deleting any of the partitions.

See steps:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Download Easeus ToDo Partition Home

Free Download EaseUS:registered: Partition Master - EaseUS

Free Download EaseUS® Partition Master - EaseUS

See steps how to delete the partition using Easeus

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/delete-...

Keep in mind, Windows 10 might not boot after deleting both partitions, so, prepare to use your recovery drive to perform a startup repair.

Andre for Directly, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?

1. How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ? - Similar Threads - remove unused partition

2. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  3. Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management: Hello, I am a new Windows 10 Home user and I am having trouble with managing my disks. I am not experienced at all, so I apologize in advance for all the nonsense I might type. I just found out that I have a SSD, by running "Get-PhysicalDisk" in PowerShell, as shown in the...
  4. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  5. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  6. How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?

How can I remove an unused partition and merge with active primary ?: Long story short, I cloned my old SSD (Disk 1) into a new m.2 (Disk 0). Is GPT the right way to go ? Or MBR ? But now I have ended up with a 1.76gb primary partition I tried deleting it , and also extending my active one, but won't do anything How can I get rid of this ? I...
  7. merge primary partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merge primary partitions: I have three partitions on this device. I want to merge two of them into one. The partitions are the system restore partition, a Windows 7 boot partition, and a Windows 10 boot partition. [ATTACH] If I select the Windows 7 boot partition ('OS') and try to delete it so...
  8. Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?: As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ? In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive C and D but I have another partition that I do not use and it take a lot of space. Partition 1 is recovery partition...
  9. how if at all can i merge partitions ..

how if at all can i merge partitions ..: this computer i just purchased was put together by previous owner with several partitions .. unfortunately the C: drive is very small and the E: drive is huge ... not sure if or how i can save programs and get them to work as the c: drive is pretty much full with the windows...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...