Windows 10: How can I remove 'digital display adapter' driver from laptop monitor?

Discus and support How can I remove 'digital display adapter' driver from laptop monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I'm having an issue with the driver for my laptop monitor on Windows 10. Whenever Windows updates, it switches the driver to something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sap7gmw, May 17, 2021.

1. sap7gmw Win User

How can I remove 'digital display adapter' driver from laptop monitor?

Hello,I'm having an issue with the driver for my laptop monitor on Windows 10. Whenever Windows updates, it switches the driver to something like 'Digital display adapter 1024x768" and this completely messes up the display so that it's repeated 4 times within the monitor.I managed to fix this a while ago by changing the driver for the monitor to 'Generic PnP monitor', however, when windows updates it will change back to the 'digital display' one and now I can't change it back! When uninstalling the driver and restarting or checking for hardware changes it is immediately back on the 'digital

:)

sap7gmw, May 17, 2021

2. Incorrect display adapter driver for my Asus K42JK laptop

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when trying to install the right driver? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 17, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 17, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

display driver stopped working in viewsonic monitor

Are you referring to the drivers for the (nVidia) display adapter, or the one for the monitor?

In my experience, monitors have always worked when they are identified as generic plug and play devices. I always try to install the monitor "drivers" if they can be found, though. (I use the quotation marks because the "drivers" are usually just an .inf file that describes the monitor's capabilities.)

The display adapter drivers are another matter. If they are for a desktop. I suggest getting them from nvidia.com. (That's if nVidia offers direct downloads for the UAE.) Laptops are another matter, but your post reads like you're not doing that.

bobkn, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I remove 'digital display adapter' driver from laptop monitor? - Similar Threads - remove 'digital display

2. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  3. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable the display adapter?: Hi, I accidentally disabled the display adapter and I am not able to enable it. The option does not appear again. Here is what I did: System> Display> Advanced> Display adapter properties> Adapter> Properties> Driver > Disabled and then closed it out. The enable option no...
  4. How can I enable the display adapter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I remove a digital license from a computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I remove a digital license from a computer?: I have a few work computers that have a Windows 10/11 Home digital license on them. I cannot install Windows 10/11 Pro and use my KMS host server. I use the Activation troubleshoot and it returnsTroubleshooting has completedWe found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this...
  6. How can I remove a digital license from a computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a digital license from a computer?: I have a few work computers that have a Windows 10/11 Home digital license on them. I cannot install Windows 10/11 Pro and use my KMS host server. I use the Activation troubleshoot and it returnsTroubleshooting has completedWe found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this...
  7. How can I remove a digital license from a computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I remove 'digital flat panel' driver from laptop monitor?

How can I remove 'digital flat panel' driver from laptop monitor?: Hello,I'm having an issue with the driver for my laptop monitor on Windows 10. Whenever Windows updates, it switches the driver to something like 'Digital flat panel 1024x768" and this completely messes up the display so that it's repeated 4 times within the monitor.I managed...
  9. Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop

Run two monitors on wireless display adapters from one laptop: Is the following configuration possible: - one laptop - two external monitors each connected with a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - desktop extended across all three displays (laptop screen, monitor 1, monitor 2) Thanks!...
  10. How can I completely remove my digital license from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I completely remove my digital license from my laptop?: My laptop has W10 Home, I upgraded to Pro under my Microsoft Account. Now I wanna sell my laptop and don't want the next owner to have any linkage with my Account. How can I remove my digital license? submitted by /u/nousername2345 [link] [comments]...