Windows 10: How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?

Discus and support How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm pretty sure I have a virus because my C drive keeps filling itself up for some reason. I tried deleting stuff to make space but it just fills up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hnzoplzswish, Dec 1, 2019.

1. How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?

I'm pretty sure I have a virus because my C drive keeps filling itself up for some reason. I tried deleting stuff to make space but it just fills up again. Windows defender avast both can't find it. I tried the factory reset option but it tells me it will only clear my D drive and not my C even when I select clear all drives. My computer has 2 physical hard drives and I want to clear both. How do I do this?

submitted by /u/hnzoplzswish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hnzoplzswish, Dec 1, 2019
  2. little cat, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?

1. How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS? - Similar Threads - remove everything hard

2. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  3. How can I clean my OS C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I clean my OS C: Drive?: I already did the disk cleanup and it only removes 1 gig. I dont download anything onto my C: drive because I am aware of how small it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clean-my-os-c-drive/1cb74914-57e9-43a3-92b6-e8307025a4d3
  4. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  5. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  6. upgrading hard drive - how can i copy everything over?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgrading hard drive - how can i copy everything over?: Hello, I am upgrading my primary drive from a 1TB SSD to a 2TB SSD. I want to simply replace my drive, copying over everything to the new one. I have looked into different methods like the one here, allowing me to create a system image, replace the ssd, and then restore from...
  7. Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove OS from OLD Hard Disk Drive: Hello, I installed an SSD on my Laptop. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD and formatted the old HDD, but somehow when I boot up my laptop it still goes to the Windows Boot Manager asking which operating system to use. I probably made a mistake because the HDD...
  8. How can I delete everything from my pc except windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I delete everything from my pc except windows?: I bought a new SSD I want to put on my old PC(its good but not that old and not that great), and I wanted to reset my pc so it becomes faster and to be clear from unused apps issues and etc. Last time I tried to reset it i ended up deleting windows and I had to buy it...
  9. How do I remove a partition on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a partition on my hard drive?: I have a lot of space on my hard drive but it is partitioned to allocate space to recovery. How do I remove this partition. I have 411 GB free out of 443 GB but my restore says that I only have 2.16 GB free of 19.9 GB....
  10. How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move everything from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I wanna move everything from temp folders and so on from my OS (C) Drive to my DATA (D) Drive without creating Aria Debug files or other issues how would I do this? Because I already have everything pointing to my DATA (D) Drive but I have...