Windows 10: How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer?

Discus and support How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I worked with an external macOS drive with several HFS+ partitions and unplugging it (I was using HFS+ app for Windows to view Mac drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by antonio3535, Oct 5, 2019.

1. How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer?

After I worked with an external macOS drive with several HFS+ partitions and unplugging it (I was using HFS+ app for Windows to view Mac drives connected to USB), I got these phantom drives on File Explorer.

What I've already tried to no avail:

- Remove from disk management: they don't show up there!.
    - Remove with Admin Command Prompt: diskpart (enter)
    list volume...etc. Doesn't show up there either!.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help *sarc

How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer? [​IMG]

:)

antonio3535, Oct 5, 2019

2. ghost file on desktop

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue. I would like to assist you further.

If you are unable to remove the file using Explorer, I suggest you to try delete the file using the command prompt. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Now browse to the folder where the file is located. You can go to the root of the drive by typing in cd /, followed by
      cd foldername to navigate into directories. Once you are there, type in
      dir to get a listing of all the files.
    • To delete a fie type del “filename”

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Novgorod Win User
    Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Oct 5, 2019
  4. How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer?

On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no option to remove it from the list.

goldentree78, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer?

1. How can I remove ghost drives in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - remove ghost drives

2. How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Status column from file explorer?: I need to remove the status column as I no longer have my PC linked to a One Drive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-status-column-from-file/0799a53a-de0f-48b3-912f-eeec4a3ef849
  3. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  4. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  5. How can I remove this white toolbar from file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove this white toolbar from file explorer ?: When I open file explorer this white line isn't there but after some time it came back automatically. I set 1 in the registry editor, and restore the options menu, but nothing will work.After opening the file explorer when I tick-untick any option from the above figure and...
  6. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  7. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  8. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. how to remove ghost files

how to remove ghost files: How to remove ghost files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ghost-files/deed41af-e095-4914-8385-ca498e4e517d
  10. How can I remove one drive from navigation pane of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I remove one drive from navigation pane of file explorer?: I have two one drives on my laptop (Windows Pro 10 64 bit). I deleted one account (one drive-Leverage Proactive Deliverable) from my laptop, but it still appears on navigation pane of file explorer. How can I remove it from navigation pane of file explorer? I follow on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove disconnected drives in navigation pane