Windows 10: How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

Discus and support How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and my case came with an integrated card reader. The problem is it's recognized as an "external" device, like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rambomhtri, Jul 30, 2017.

1. How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and my case came with an integrated card reader. The problem is it's recognized as an "external" device, like a piece of hardware you may want to eject and remove. That's of course something that won't happen, and I want the PC to "recognize" it as an internal device, so it doesn't show up if I click on the USB icon in the tray bar.

What can I do?

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader? [​IMG]

:)

rambomhtri, Jul 30, 2017

2. How can I remove the option to eject SATA drive from the Windows 10 tray icon

Hi,

this actually works but not in a way I was hoping. This setting only hides the icon from taskbar -for all devices, so if I insert a USB key, I can't safely remove it through this icon.

dr.pastirTV, Jul 30, 2017
  3. How can I remove the option to eject SATA drive from the Windows 10 tray icon

Hi, I still haven't find a solution.

dr.pastirTV, Jul 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

Because the card reader is a device plugged onto pins on the motherboard and not affixed to the board as the built-in USB ports, Ethernet port, Video, etc. are, it will always be recognized as an "external" device, makes it impossible to show as internal. Right-click the Taskbar, click Taskbar settings and you should be able to not show/turn off that icon in the Notification Area but that will affect all USB devices. You would still have the right-click and Eject command in File Explorer if needed. Also, if never needing the card reader you could open the computer and disconnect its cable from the motherboard. Personally I would not look in the BIOS to disable it as other devices or ports may be affected.

Berton, Jul 30, 2017
  5. I was looking for a solution using the registry. I've seen this is possible to do, but the examples are valid for Windows 7. Also, the posts I've seen are kind of old, and I was hoping to find a refreshed solution.

rambomhtri, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    You have a misconception. Using the "Safely Remove Hardware" link is necessary if you don't want to corrupt your media. Windows doesn't write all data to the disk right away, so you have to use this to force it to flush the buffers and ensure your media is safe to remove.

You can also use the Eject function when you right click on the drive in Explorer. but either way, you do need to "Eject" it, even if it's not something that happens automatically.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2017
  7. Mysteres, you're not getting it, read the main message again. I do eject my USB drives, SD cards and HDD, but this is not about avoiding doing that.

This is about making the card reader itself as an internal hardware, cause there's no point in removing the card reader itself. I can and want to remove cards I plug in the reader, but I don't want to remove the card reader itself.

How can I make that port an internal port?

rambomhtri, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader?

1. How can I remove/hide the option to eject the case's card reader? - Similar Threads - remove hide option

2. how can i make my sc card reader work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make my sc card reader work?: The sd card reader won't work in my laptop, and I suspect it is because there isn't any drivers for my pci devices, but I don't know how to install them because when I try it just tells me that it can't find any drivers...
  3. how can i make my sc card reader work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i make my sc card reader work?: The sd card reader won't work in my laptop, and I suspect it is because there isn't any drivers for my pci devices, but I don't know how to install them because when I try it just tells me that it can't find any drivers...
  4. how can i make my sc card reader work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option.: Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option whilst actually trying to eject a USB. Now I can't fix it even upon rebooting, and my system says that it cannot find a NVIDIA graphics card on my device. The NVIDIA control panel and the GeForce Experience App...
  6. Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option.: Hi, I accidentally ejected my graphics card from the eject option whilst actually trying to eject a USB. Now I can't fix it even upon rebooting, and my system says that it cannot find a NVIDIA graphics card on my device. The NVIDIA control panel and the GeForce Experience App...
  7. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  8. How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...

How to hide a built-in usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware in Windows...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  9. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. How can I fix my card reader

How can I fix my card reader: My card reader doesn't work most of the time after an update install and when I uninstall the update, then the card reader works again. I too updated to windows 10 and HATE the fact it automatically updates and I have no way to stop it. Then I am at the mercy of my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I remove the option to eject SATA drives from the Windows 7 tray icon

2. how can i remove the option to eject usb

3. how can i remove the option to eject internal sata drives windows 10