Windows 10: How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"?

Discus and support How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new here. How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"? TIA 104066 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jidozu, Feb 9, 2018.

1. jidozu Win User

How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"?

I am new here. How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"? TIA

:)

jidozu, Feb 9, 2018

2. Windows Shut Down Memory Reference Error

Can you be more specific about the under lying issue?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 9, 2018
  3. reh4686 Win User
    How can I remove the icon "Windows-ISO" from my desktop?

How can I remove the icon "Windows-ISO" from my desktop?

reh4686, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

You need to right click on the folder icon, select properties then customise then Change Icon - you can then select a folder Icon to replace the one shown this could be a plain folder or another icon that better reflects the folder contents.

If you are not sure of which icon to use you could try the Restore Defaults option on the icon selector

Barman58, Feb 9, 2018
  5. Hi,
    Looks like you've already removed some thing otherwise it would show a description of the items :/
    So what else have you done deleted pictures and music ?

ThrashZone, Feb 9, 2018
  6. jidozu Win User
    I just don't want this link here cause i've already "Documents" and "Downloads" under those two.

jidozu, Feb 9, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Where did the 'labels' for those 2 entries go? (under your red arrows?)

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  8. jidozu Win User

jidozu, Feb 9, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  10. jidozu Win User
    I tried that already but when i was removing documents it removes two of them together the one with label and the other without label. And for downloads it is the same. What to do now?

jidozu, Feb 9, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    You could pin all the parent folders, (or any folder, for that matter), you desire to Quick Access then collapse the others...

How can i  remove icon lying under "THIS PC"? [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 9, 2018
  12. Barman58 Win User
    As this is related to a Tutorial on this site, I would suggest that you ask your question at the bottom of the comments for the actual tutorial, the tutorial's author is likely to know more about possible issues

Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i remove icon lying under "THIS PC"? - Similar Threads - remove icon lying

2. How can I remove Notification Bell Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove Notification Bell Icon: Dear Concern, How can I remove Notification Bell Icon, Win 11 Version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-notification-bell-icon/0d76e0fd-6ee2-4c87-8df0-9881be44a6dc
  3. How can I remove Notification Bell Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove Notification Bell Icon: Dear Concern, How can I remove Notification Bell Icon, Win 11 Version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-notification-bell-icon/0d76e0fd-6ee2-4c87-8df0-9881be44a6dc
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  5. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  6. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. HOW CAN THIS BE? i'M NOT LYING!

HOW CAN THIS BE? i'M NOT LYING!: I initially found this when researching if my computer had DMA protection and after I enabled Secure Boot and clearing TPM key/info. I went to Administrative Tools/Local Security Policy/Local Policies/Security Options under "Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts...
  8. how can I erase lines under desktop icons?

how can I erase lines under desktop icons?: How can I remove the lines under desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-erase-lines-under-desktop-icons/32868136-5f3b-4736-ba98-2f81db42daa6
  9. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?: The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mifigh/how_can_i_hide_the_text_under_icons_on_the_desktop/
  10. How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/make43 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijzwmu/how_to_remove_blank_duplicate_icons_under_this_pc/