Windows 10: How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

Discus and support How Can i remove my child account from a Family? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by taryn walters, May 25, 2023.

1. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the internet.

:)

taryn walters, May 25, 2023
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, May 25, 2023
  3. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, May 25, 2023
Thema:

How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

1. How Can i remove my child account from a Family? - Similar Threads - remove child account

2. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  3. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can i remove my child account from a Family?: I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the...
  4. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can i remove my child account from a Family?: I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the...
  5. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  7. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  8. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family: Hi,My child user account takes 40% of the disk space of one of my laptop, I want to remove this child's user account and all the data from this laptop but NOT from my Microsoft family.When I go to Settings> Family& Other accounts , the only options for the family members is...
  9. How to remove a child account from a computer not from the family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. How can I remove a child account from a family if the parent died?

How can I remove a child account from a family if the parent died?: How can I remove a child account from a family if the parent died? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-a-child-account-from-a-family-if/510b6531-684f-4a77-a349-89928b4f6fac