Windows 10: How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons...

Discus and support How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I gave my old Windows 10 desktop PC to a friend about 150 miles away. My Microsoft account is the administrator and sign in on his computer. I added... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RogerErickson, May 15, 2020.

1. How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons...

I gave my old Windows 10 desktop PC to a friend about 150 miles away. My Microsoft account is the administrator and sign in on his computer. I added his Microsoft account and changed it to administrator. It will not let meremove my original Microsoft account. All I can do with my account on his computer isManage, and that is no help to me. I have both Microsoft account passwords and access his computer every Friday morning to do routine maintenance. How can I remove my Microsoft account from his computer and add his accountwithout disturbing files, settings, desktop setup etc.?

:)

RogerErickson, May 15, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 15, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account-Remove Cloud Backup of Personal Settings question

Hi,
    I looked at my Microsoft Account and under the Devices Menu at the top for my PC I noticed a More Actions dropdown list saying Remove cloud backup of personal settings which talks about turning off syncing first and then clicking on Remove button and then removing the PC from the backed up devices in OneDrive which is never listed in Windows 10. There is also another option in the More Actions dropdown menu for the PC in my Microsoft account saying Remove PC.
    For what purpose would you use these two options ? (Remove cloud backup of personal settings and Remove PC)

sportsfan148, May 15, 2020
  4. How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons...

Personal Microsoft Account Linked to Work Computer and Cannot Remove It

I recently noticed that my personal Microsoft account is linked to the Administrator account on my work computer. I have tried various steps to remove it/sign-out of it and it still shows my username and profile picture upon sign in. I have already tried
    the following steps.

1. Removing the account through settings (not getting a choice to remove)

2. Signing in with a local account (not getting an option to do so)

3. Removing all trusted devices

4. Removing my work computer under device tab in my online account

5. Chatted with Tech Support

6. Changed my password hoping it would prompt me to sign in again

If anyone has any additional things I can try I appreciate it as the work computer is accessible to whoever is scheduled to work that day.

LaTanyaMosley, May 15, 2020
Thema:

How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons...

1. How can I remove my Microsoft account from a computer I gave away, and add that persons... - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft account

2. If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?: I accidently removed my laptop from my Microsoft account can I add it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-accidently-removed-a-device-from-my-microsoft/25d7513c-8424-4f76-8236-e8dbb391c5f5
  3. If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?: I accidently removed my laptop from my Microsoft account can I add it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-accidently-removed-a-device-from-my-microsoft/25d7513c-8424-4f76-8236-e8dbb391c5f5
  4. How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer: How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer. I am able to logon to microsoftonline with that account and it shows my device, but I am unable to remove it. My personal home computer was added to Office 365 when I logged in to see my work files.I can see an...
  5. How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer

How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer: How can I remove a workplace account from my home computer. I am able to logon to microsoftonline with that account and it shows my device, but I am unable to remove it. My personal home computer was added to Office 365 when I logged in to see my work files.I can see an...
  6. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?: I've found a few articles and videos related to this subject however when I follow them I they only get me so far. When going to Settings>Email & Accounts there is no option next to my current default Microsoft Acccount to Remove. Another option I followed that didn't work...
  7. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?: I've found a few articles and videos related to this subject however when I follow them I they only get me so far. When going to Settings>Email & Accounts there is no option next to my current default Microsoft Acccount to Remove. Another option I followed that didn't work...
  8. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can I completely remove my Microsoft account from my old device, which is far away

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I completely remove my Microsoft account from my old device, which is far away: Basically my old device still have my account and its seems there is a problem with resetting it, because my Microsoft account is somehow still in there. How can I completely remove my Microsoft account from that device? I have tried "removing device" from...
  10. How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer?: How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer? It is currently running windows 10 and I no longer have access to the corporate email account. The admin account is ok and I have access to it. [ATTACH] ty!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove microsoft account from computer