Windows 10: How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device?

Discus and support How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW CAN I REMOVE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM THIS DEVICE? I HAVE REMOVED THIS DEVICE ALREADY ON MICROSOFT SITE . HOWEVER, IT IS STILL VISIBLE ON THIS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KIEU MYNGUYEN NGOC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device?

HOW CAN I REMOVE MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM THIS DEVICE? I HAVE REMOVED THIS DEVICE ALREADY ON MICROSOFT SITE . HOWEVER, IT IS STILL VISIBLE ON THIS DEVICE. WHEN I TURN ON THIS DEVICE IT IS UNDER STATUS "SIGN IN". I DO NOT WANT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT IS VISIBLE ON THE DEVICE WHICH IS NOT BELONG TO ME. I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE THIS ACCOUNT MARKED IN THE SCREENSHOT BELOW:

How can I remove my Microsoft Account  local administrator  from my current device? 2de1ff5c-f793-4733-a6d8-55e14cf2a6ad?upload=true.png

PLEASE SOMEONE HELPS ME! THANK YOU!

:)

KIEU MYNGUYEN NGOC, Mar 9, 2021

2. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Mar 9, 2021
  4. How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device?

Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

So long story short is I was logged into a local account. I've seen other posts about using the built in admin account but nothing that said anything about not the built in administrator's account but an account that was local and in the administrators group.

So anyway I logged into the store as one of my children. When doing so I accidentally choose to login instead of "just to the app" and now my child's account has some sort of weird merge with mine.

I still login locally with my local password however it's enforcing their account restrictions now on mine but I'm still listed as an administrator but unable to do anything.

I don't have the option to create a local account as it's not there it just says "manage my ms account". I did create a local account so I could login to the web and unrestrict my child's account so I could browse the web and what not but I have ton's of stuff tied to my profile and wonder if there is any way to "unscrew" this massive screw up.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm on Windows 10, latest updates to 12/27/17.

Removing the device from online and remove any app logins hasn't helped. I'm at a loss. The next step was to close their account and hope that would untie it somehow but MS says they don't really remove accounts for 60 days and still not sure that would help...

The1TruJok3r, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device?

1. How can I remove my Microsoft Account local administrator from my current device? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft Account

2. How can I unlock my device, which was unintentionally removed from my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I unlock my device, which was unintentionally removed from my Microsoft account?: how can I unlock my device which was unintentionally removed from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unlock-my-device-which-was/4f27646b-1034-43e6-81e5-efe7e6c6b968
  3. Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft account which is linked to my device Laptop but after I clean installed windows, I used a different Microsoft account to sign in. Now my device shows linked with both the Microsoft accounts, and I want it to keep with only one account.So, can I unlink the...
  4. Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?

Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft account which is linked to my device Laptop but after I clean installed windows, I used a different Microsoft account to sign in. Now my device shows linked with both the Microsoft accounts, and I want it to keep with only one account.So, can I unlink the...
  5. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft account can not be removed from administrator: can someone help me please im at school and using windows 10 , our pc s are domain joined and i accidently logged my microsoft account in to my school pc and can not remove it because i can t see any log in with local account, in settings...i disabled admin account but i can...
  6. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

microsoft account can not be removed from administrator: can someone help me please im at school and using windows 10 , our pc s are domain joined and i accidently logged my microsoft account in to my school pc and can not remove it because i can t see any log in with local account, in settings...i disabled admin account but i can...
  7. microsoft account can not be removed from administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unlinking my local administrator account from my Microsoft online account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlinking my local administrator account from my Microsoft online account.: I was forced by some Microsoft Store purchase to login to my Online Account in order for the Microsoft Store to install some apps that weren't installing off a user account. Without advising me that my admin account will change and I will lose access to resources created...
  9. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  10. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6